Sat Receiver with built in DVD Player

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 969 times. The last Post () by ekkostar.

• ive never seen a box like that . cant you have a dvd player seperate to the box ? do you have connectivity issues ? .

Thanks for the reply.
    It is for my elderly grandfather who struggles with electronics at the best of times. We have tried to have a separate dvd player and a separate tv receiver, but he struggles to switch to the different TV inputs (i.e. the different HDMI inputs) using the remote control.

• iv used one of these before very good space for hard drive and dvd drive, sits under a stb and plugins into the usb, also has extra usb ports

works with enigma2 as well

Ziboo Zipad USB Netbook Docking Station get from your usual fleabay about £7 put in your own drives

• iv used one of these before very good space for hard drive and dvd drive, sits under a stb and plugins into the usb, also has extra usb ports

works with enigma2 as well

Ziboo Zipad USB Netbook Docking Station get from your usual fleabay about £7 put in your own drives

Thanks very much for the reply. I didn't even know these things existed! I have just ordered one now to have a play about with and see if I can cobble something together. Although I know that the first thing will be that with the introverted DVD open button on laptop DVD players, he will struggle to open the DVD player!

Any other potential solutions gratefully received!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!