looking for a step by step guide for setting up a vpn on my vu+ duo2

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,032 times. The last Post () by codar.

• mate i know this is an old post and the likelyhood of you seeing my reply is nil to none but anyway, you seem to be the man who knows how to configure openvpn on your reciever, i need help configuring mine, bascially i need a dummies guide on doing so, a step by step guide would be awesome!!!!! thanks

• hi all im looking for a step by step guide for setting up a vpn on my vu+ duo2. i need a dummies guide please, iv been reading guides on here but its a bit complex for me to understand, im getting there but not quite, iv got as far as getting a vpn up and running on my laptop, thats easy enough but geting the configuration files in order for the reciever just isnt working out for me. im using "private tunnel" they give the file in one big file and i was trying to break it down and put it into seperate files but to no luck. I dont mind starting again right from the start even going to a different vpn provider if it makes it easier to do, anyone with recomendations and help much appreciated!!! thanks!!!! ps im a neebie to all this and honestly im loving trying to do all the setting up and trying to configure files it gives me a buzz lol im addicted!! soon as i get one problem fixed im almost going looking for another problem!! but its really frustrating when i cant solve the problem as i know its all possible!! thanks in advance, you guys on here are great!! if only i had half the knowledge!!

• im stuck setting this up How To : OpenVPN HideMyAss Setup Guide ,

im getting password failed, anybody any sugestions??? its also showing uo on my vu duo2 as running in green, when i go to the log it says "fatal TLS error" also connect to.....failed will try again in 5 sec: connection timed out. VERIFY ERROR ; depth=1, error=self signed certifcate in certificate chain. C=GB ST=London. getting ERROR BIO read. TLS handshake failed. Looks like im missing something pretty important any help much appreciated.

• I found it a lot easier on a ddwrt router m8 you can get a dir 615 for a tenner on ebay and flash it just check the model is compatible i got an old ****** one

- - - Updated - - -

old vermon media

- - - Updated - - -

its used behind my hub so you dont need to mess the rest up

• thanks for the reply, im going to look into that now, was thinking id need to go down the router route! im haveing no luck at all configuring the openvpn files, as far as i know im doing everything im supposed to but its just not working! errrr!!

• i have ordered a router with dd-wrt flashed on it. waiting for it to come in the post. do you know of any web pages with good information on setting it up. iv read a few things about it, i think il be able to get the vpn onto the router, il be using pptp vpn rather than openvpn. the main thing im worring about is connecting the flashed router to my own router, do i simply connect the two together via ethernet cable/over wifi and then connect my vu+ duo2 to the dd-wrt router? the router i have is the latest *** router will it connect to the dd-wrt router easily or will there be a bit of configuring to do?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!