Ariva 252 - not clearing

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 800 times. The last Post () by codar.

• Hi alli,

Really hope you can help me. I just bought a Ferguson 252 Arvia and have patched it with 1.26B9 (from your post).

It patch correctly and I used the web interface (online configurator) to add my n: and cline.

If I go to the Network Menu and select Newcamd client (or cccam client) I can see the line details.

In Newcamd client I can connect and ping. (in cccam I can connect). This suggests that everything is working correctly. I can also access Youtube etc.

However, no scrambled channels are clearing. I have plugged in another box (dreambox) and it works fine so it is not the lines.

I wonder am I missing something in the settings. It is my first time using a Ferguson so I am not familiar with the interface.

I also tried the 1.22B7 patch but have the same issue.

I would really appreciate any help as I am totally stuck at this stage.

Regards,
    Meggers

Apologies - meant to post this in the Ferguson HD support section.

Edited once, last by meggers ().

• Ok, two things:
    First post should be an introduction here:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2
    Second one,
    Did you enable autoconnect and exit out of the menus and try to select a different $ channel?
    If this didn't work, you could try to restart the receiver. It should find an ip (if dchp is set on) and eventually connect to your friends server (these receivers aren't that fast and sometimes can take up to 30 seconds after rebooting to see a picture).
    Are you using the same line details in another receiver?
    Your friends server might not allow double logins.

• Hi, Thanks for moving the post and for your quick response.

I have autoconnect enabled, I am using a unique line (not on any other box).

I have tried all your suggestions, exiting... waiting, and also restarted the box a number of times. No matter what happens I can only view the FTA channels.

As I said, I can ping and connect from within newcamd. I can access youtube etc. I can browse to the box from my PC. Basically, everything seems connected properly.

Really strange. I was hoping I had missed something obvious, like a setting somewhere.

Any other ideas? Do these boxes have known problems?

Thanks, Meggers

• Not many problems only slow. (although i only have the 150 model)
    Is your channel list up to date?
    Have you recently scanned for channels?
    Have you tried that unique line in another receiver?
    Just try one emu at a time as putting your line in both may also look like a double login.
    I find that cccam works better (from my setup anyway)
    If it is connecting, and all your channels are up to date, the problem may be at the server end.

Other than that, it may be time to contact your friend.

P.s, Youtube is only internet dependent, shouldn't require any line details to work.

• Hi again,

Just a quick update. My channel list is up to date , just scanned.
    The line works fine in anther STB.
    I tried one emu at a time (using a few different lines). Some connect and some dont but none clear the channels using either CCCam or NewCamd.

However, out of desperation i tried my N line in mgcamd and the channels started to clear. I then disabled all other emus. No idea why this should work but am glad that it does..

Hope this helps someone else who finds themselves in the same situation.
    Thanks again for your help. I think I would have given up but for your suggestions.

Meggers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!