cardsharing with a 4g router?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 611 times. The last Post () by andy91.

• You have a small chance of being a client with one but latency as a server will be an issue depends where you are how far from the tower etc a very expensive server if it works this is why you have not found a definitive answer , every case is different but I doubt it working and numbers matter also

• Thanks mate would only be at a holiday house so would only be as client but not sure how great the 4g signal is yet. Will give it a try next couple of weeks and post the results but as u say results will vary case to case due to distances to mast etc effecting pings

• Hello

I ran as a client on a 3G connection, through both a phone and a 3G router. Both worked perfectly, but it requires the connection is solid rock.

• I tried this for my mate with the 3 network using a Mifi and it would glitch or stick about every 5 secs on Sat. I tried to run a script but it helped a little but wasn't solid.
    He has no broadband in his house so I bought a Dreambox Cable tuner swapped the tuners over and his Vermin data cable was still live. Now its perfect no glitches at all.
    The Cable server must use less bandwidth as its as stable as using broadband.

Andy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!