Have Ipod Touch 4th Gen and its dead :(

There are 44 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,481 times. The last Post () by carmine.

• Yip good call master, the usb cant supply enough power to kick start the charge on a compleatly flat battery.

If its not broke --- fix it anyway.

• with my ipod touch 4th gen whenever i get into cydia it updates but always comes uo with yellow and red messages saying that it did not update but cab still use cydia etc, also some of the apps ive downloaded through cydia i cannot delete ??

• Hi carmine.
    That usually happens when one or more of the repo's cannot be reached. They are either temp down or closed down.
    It should tell you which ones cannot be reach and you can remove them.

• No when i open cydia on its opening screen its downloading and updating flashing across top with downloading then goes into refreshing data and get 7 lines in yellow saying different things like Bad URL Failed to Fetch etc etc then last line in red ( Some Index Files Failed to Download they have been ignored or old ones used instead ) then i click Return to Cydia ???

• Yes, them URL' its having trouble with must be down.
    What are they?
    If they aren't the main ones, you can remove them.

Goto manage-->sources-->edit and delete them.

• Apps installed through cydia can only be uninstalled through cydia.
    Goto Manage-->Packages to see what's installed. Click one and press Modify then Remove to uninstall it.
    Don't uninstall something unless you know what it is.

• Apps installed through cydia can only be uninstalled through cydia.
    Goto Manage-->Packages to see what's installed. Click one and press Modify then Remove to uninstall it.
    Don't uninstall something unless you know what it is.

der............. i should of known that thanks mate your top man

• Did you sync with iTunes?
    You need to make sure you have appsync installed, then right click on your phone and select transfer purchases before syncing.

• Did you sync with iTunes?
    You need to make sure you have appsync installed, then right click on your phone and select transfer purchases before syncing.

appsync what you mean installed on ipod or just wait to sync on itunes, as i did but think i may have stopped it before complete does this mean i have to install again ?

• 1. Add the repo "http://cydia.hackulo.us/" to your cydia {without the ""}
    2. install installous from that repo {that should also install all the dependancies} including appsync.

Appsync stops itunes deleting cracked apps and allows you to download cracked apps on your pc and sync via itunes to your ios device.

• is it in you itunes library if yes install appsync, then select it and sync.

how did you initally get it on the pod. If you installed it straight onto the pod (not itunes) you may need to select transfer purchased apps in itunes (right click your device in itunes and select transfer apps you will still need appsync on the pod}

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!