setting up twin tuner

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,610 times. The last Post () by stevejo.

• hi guys i have solo 2
    but can not record 1 channel and watch another 1
    i have vix image version 37 apollo

tuner A set as simple - single - 28.2
    tuner B equal to tuner A
    fixed dish
    thanks

• if both tuners are set the same to 28.e then it should work, your on a very old image vix are on around 107 i think, might be worth updating, dont know if you can access the vix feeds with an image that old though.

tuner setting
    configuration mode=simple
    mpde=diseqc A/B
    port a=28.e eutelsat/astra 2a/2e/2f
    port b = nothing connected
    set voltage=yes
    send diseqe on sat change=yes

you have to have both tuners set to this

these settings work for me on my solo2 appollo 100

• configuration mode=simple
    mode =single
    satellite =
    28.e eutelsat/astra 2a/2e/2f
    send diseqe=no

on both tuners

- - - Updated - - -

menu/setup/system/customise/ preffered tuner =auto

- - - Updated - - -

swap the feeds over on the back to make sure both are working

if its a cline and not a local card try record 2 free channels first as your line might not allow decoding of 2 channels or multiroom as payservers put it

• Hard to say from here , could be a tuner issue also , best thing to do is make a full backup and back up the settings as you are now , go into vix with the blue button /image manager press yellow for downloads get a new copy and flash your box go thru the basic setup and try again with 2 free channels before you bother with cams etc all you need to do is setup abm for a channel list and the tuners , i assume picture in picture wont work either if you watch say bbc1 and sly sports

• No they work seperate and have their own 12v output to feed power to the lnb

- - - Updated - - -

The only way to find whats wrong is by elimination , the feeds are ok , the lnb is then ok ,if you do a fresh flash and the issue is still there once both tuners are setup and you have a channel list it has to be on the box , its not your drive because you can record one channel ,the only other thing it can be is a faulty tuner

- - - Updated - - -

final test before all hope is lost is try it on a friends dish because i have heard of faults where an lnb only plays up once both feeds are connected to it

I hope this helps you out

• Looks like who ever you get your line off only allows one connection.
    If you've spent all that money on a solo2 you want to utilise that and read up on sharing yourself. Plenty of info and help on here as I've found out myself

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!