Pls some info about A3

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,474 times. The last Post () by windy10.

• Hi!

I found this forum because I was looking for some info about A3.

I want a nice replace for my sat receiver+med8er-player+hdd, and I found this Amiko Alien A3 very interesting. At first I was looking for Minix player, didn't think about sat receiver, but I found A3 interesting choice. Everybody on internet say it is good box or it is bad box, depends of interest!?

I am looking for first hand expirience so I want to ask:

1. can I use 8 LNB diseqC switch on Amiko A3?
    2. can I use pause-play (timeshift) function on built in hdd when I watch satelitte?
    3. is mmedia player OK for watching recorded movies (mkv, avi, divx), can I use A3 like MX player on android tablet/phone or can I use A3 like Minix player (or similar android player)?
    4. can I use hdd for storage (movies+pictures, music) and for timeshift and record sat tv?
    5. what about Spark2-kitkat, is this android with sat tuner support, so I use everything like on tablet, or it is different?

thnx for answer!

• To answer your questions.

1, Its supports diseq but I cannot confirm if it will handle 8 inputs tho.

2, Yes you can activate time shift.

3, Its Android - MX Player works fine but it is built to make the most of Kodi (formally XBMC) so why use an half arsed player when the device is capable of doing so much more.

4, Yes but remember it is a single tuner and doesn't allow for viewing and record via the tuner even if sharing same signal and polarity.

5, Its based on Jellybean not KitKat and it is heavily skinned. Also although it has full access to google play store most apps seem to be incompatible with the device in my experience ie mainly media type ones such as TV catchup apps and ones like Google Play music whilst working are VERY clunky. Can't answer about games as I haven't attempted to install any.

The box is far from perfect but is still pretty good and the best hybrid I've used so far. Just don't expect it to be all singing and dancing because it isn't.

• @Nothern Monkey, tnx for answer

I found A3 pretty nice box, specs look very nice, that is why I asked for first hand experience.

What I want from this box is to replace my DM800, I don't care for E2 stuff and cs, I use my box for watching fta music channels from 28,2E and for German and Italian fta channels like RTL, Pro7, Italia1 ect. but it is nice to have timeshift on bulit in hdd. Built in hdd allso pleases me because I don't have to turn it on and off, it just starts spinning when I access it. This is also one reason why I like mmedia part on A3, if I want to watch recorded movies or music it turns on, and when I use sat or IPTV, hdd is off. Now I have mmedia player with stand alone USB hdd. I also use legal app on my Android phone/tablet ''Maxtv to go'' to watch some channels so I hope because A3 is Android based I can use this app to watch same channels on my TV.

If this A3 box can do that what I wrote, than it is perfect box for me, anything more is bonus :40_002:

In the end I'll have one box, not 3!

• There's a spark app that allows you to control and stream video from the A3 to your Android tablet or phone that is pretty good, not the best UI but it works.

• if I were you I would stay away from it as it a closed source you will find it hard to make channels open and at best it works not that great in my opinion stick to the evo E2 filware boxes that don't have sh4 loader cheap **** I think LOL

Amiko Android, Enigma2 and Spark Receivers

Amiko Android, Enigma2 and Spark Receivers. Discuss everything related to Amiko here. Includes Kodi, MCAS, Oscam, Amiko A3 firmware, Amiko 3 Combo firmware, Amiko A4 firmware and OpenATV, OpenSPA and PurE2 images for Amiko A5 and A6 models.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!