Unable to upgrade BH 2.0.4 to BH 2.1.4 on Vu Duo

There are 54 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,086 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Stick is properly 4 GB of volume.
    This problem make me crazy- why and why......

That has nothing to do with whatever the box /image chooses..
    I have just tried to reflash an UNO with the same usb stick that I flashed a DUO2 minutes before it and it wouldn´t work for the UNO!"!!!
    But as you already have all this experience then it shouldn´t be such a surprise...
    My last suggestion on this is try stick another image ( BH 2.1.0 for example ) on the stick and see if the box will accept it..

• That has nothing to do with whatever the box /image chooses..
    I have just tried to reflash an UNO with the same usb stick that I flashed a DUO2 minutes before it and it wouldn´t work for the UNO!"!!!
    But as you already have all this experience then it shouldn´t be such a surprise...
    My last suggestion on this is try stick another image ( BH 2.1.0 for example ) on the stick and see if the box will accept it..

I try as you suggessted but result is the same as before.
    Box cannot read USB.
    What we can try next, please.

• Ok start from the beginning,

Make sure no backup files are on hdd.

Power off the box, with the switch on the rear.

Remove all usb sticks from the rear.

Format your usb stick in fat32 format.

Download the Bh 2.1.4 image again, extract the zip/rar file and put directory on the root of usb stick, make sure the folder layout is vuplus folder, inside this folder is another called duo and then the 3 files are inside of the duo folder.

Put the usb stick into the front usb port, and then power on the box from the switch at the rear.

Not trying to teach you to suck eggs, just want to make sure each step is done correctly.

• Hi EvO,
    Each step is done correctly, egzactly as you mentioned above, but box reject to read USB after "Starting"- return to load BH 2.0.4 installed.
    This is actual situation- what is the reason only God knows.

• Hi EvO,
    Each step is done correctly, egzactly as you mentioned above, but box reject to read USB after "Starting"- return to load BH 2.0.4 installed.
    This is actual situation- what is the reason only God knows.

Sounds like it doesnt recognise the vuplus folder and/or its contents.....
    don´t know about the DUO, but the UNO you have to press the "- channel" button for it to read the usb stick....
    otherwise it goes straight to the image already on..

• Sounds like it doesnt recognise the vuplus folder and/or its contents.....
    don´t know about the DUO, but the UNO you have to press the "- channel" button for it to read the usb stick....

" channel" buton-which one, ftom RC or....

• Sounds like it doesnt recognise the vuplus folder and/or its contents.....

No buttons to press on the Duo

• Forget that idea..
    This video is for flashing on DUO:

This id "clasic" procedure for flashing on Vu DUO.
    Ofcourse I am following strictly as is explained and have done meny times before, but now isn't functioning.
    Like to hear experince from some of other Vu Duo users ,any one faced same or similar problem.

• This id "clasic" procedure for flashing on Vu DUO.
    Ofcourse I am following strictly as is explained and have done meny times before, but now isn't functioning.
    Like to hear experince from some of other Vu Duo users ,any one faced same or similar problem.

1) Have you confirmed the front usb port is working and it recongnises your usb stick ?
    2) Have you tried to use the rear usb ports for flashing ?

• 1) Have you confirmed the front usb port is working and it recongnises your usb stick ?
    2) Have you tried to use the rear usb ports for flashing ?

Front USB port is working .Confirmation of this is that whe flashing BH 2.0.4 all passing O.K.
    Tried rear USB and result is the same.After "Starting" box going on Vu Duo and continuing load BH 2.0.4

This is actual situation. Would add some else- try with other BH images ( after BH 2. 0.4 ) but alwais same situation - box loads BH 2.0.4 .
    If try to flash BH 2.0.4 all is normal.Strange but this is it.

• Front USB port is working .Confirmation of this is that whe flashing BH 2.0.4 all passing O.K.
    Tried rear USB and result is the same.After "Starting" box going on Vu Duo and continuing load BH 2.0.4

This is actual situation. Would add some else- try with other BH images ( after BH 2. 0.4 ) but alwais same situation - box loads BH 2.0.4 .
    If try to flash BH 2.0.4 all is normal.Strange but this is it.

If it is not flashing the box, you will always be back on 2.0.4 as nothing is over written.

So you have not confirmed that the front usb port is working.

Try switching to another image (Vix, OpenPLi, OpenAtv, VTi, or even official vu+ image).

• Sorry EvO but I am aware what I saying- front USB is working properly because when I insert USB stick with BH 2.0,4 loaded- then box is reading USB and flashing is working normaly.
    Don't like to switch to another images as I prefer BH.

• Sorry EvO but I am aware what I saying- front USB is working properly because when I insert USB stick with BH 2.0,4 loaded- then box is reading USB and flashing is working normaly.
    Don't like to switch to another images as I prefer BH.

If you flash another image, then you can try and flash to BH 2.1.4

• ok here

have you used multiboot or meoboot with the image that works ?
    you may need to disconnect HD as there maybe a conflict

have you tried installing ORIGINAL image
    then the new blackhole image

parabéns cr7 & moliveira88

Μπρέντφορντ Φ.Σ

RIP Vangelis Papathanassiou

• No, not used multiboot or meoboot.
    No ,not tried to install ORIGINAL image.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!