Unable to upgrade BH 2.0.4 to BH 2.1.4 on Vu Duo

There are 54 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,025 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• In my old Vu Duo now I have a BH 2.0.4
    I tried upgrade to the latest BH 2.1.4, previously I increased the RAM to 128MB.
    To my surprise box could not read USB, and after the "Starting" returned to a BH
    I tried a few different USB sticks, but result is always the same.
    So far I have many times installed BH image with no problem, but now I cannot.
    I ask for help on how to solve this problem

• Of course I know how folder vuplus looks like. I downloaded it from this site, there are 3 files with extension of his 75.6 MB.
    No USB stick were connected in the box.
    After an unsuccessful upgrade of BH 2.1.4 box is requested to re-insert BH 2.0.4 which was passed without a problem and box after starting immediately began to load the BH 2.0.4.
    Has never been needed before disconnect hdd, so I ask for an explanation how to be done.
    I'll do with the format tool that you asked me and I'll try one more time.
    Thanks for your help and assistance.

• You most update bootloader first

This was done before . You cannot upgrade to BH 2.0.4 prior to install this file what you mentioned.
    But I made experiment even installing again bootloader - no joy

• This was done before . You cannot upgrade to BH 2.0.4 prior to install this file what you mentioned.
    But I made experiment even installing again bootloader - no joy

sorry mate no disrespect but are you sure your box is not clone , maybe thats why ur able to return to a BH

• download a new copy of BH 2.1.4 try again, remember a swap file is recommended to use with this image when you get it working, it night be no harm to factory reset box before flash,you could also try flash via rs232 method

• been using it for a few weeks, d/l from home site and they recommend you set up swap, either way you still have to mount usb, and 4 or 5 clicks sets it up , I'd say the zram compression function is what you mean, explained here, taken from another forum

Solo and Duo only:
    The 1920x1080 framebuffer support has required extra Ram usage. For this reason the old Solo and Duo models do not have enough free ram to run the curent images with these new features.
    In Black Hole 2.1.4 we have included ram compression (zram) that increases performance by avoiding paging to disk and using a compressed block device in RAM instead, inside which the paging takes place until it is necessary to use the swap space on a hard drive or usb stick. Since using ZRAM is an alternative way to provide swapping on RAM, zram allows Linux to make more use of RAM when swapping/paging is required.

Edited once, last by samsid ().

• I read that 2.1.4 for vu duo includes its own system swapfile

If so, should I remove swap file , before upgrade ?

- - - Updated - - -

It's 100% original

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have a backup saved on the hdd ?

Yes, I have done backup before flashing new image.This backup is Personal one

• Remove all backups from usb sticks and hdd's (just copy them to your desktop then delete them from the box).

Then try and update it again

• The new reflash will clean just about everything previously on the flash..
    so no need to do anything but flash the new image ..
    another thing :

there are 3 files with extension of his 75.6 MB.

Is this correct?? I don´t have a DUO but usually clean Vu+ images are 4 or 5 files within the vuplus folder..
    I would try another source to download the image from...

Code
    http://workupload.com/file/ub2bja4n
  • The new reflash will clean just about everything previously on the flash..
    so no need to do anything but flash the new image ..
    another thing :
    Is this correct?? I don´t have a DUO but usually clean Vu+ images are 4 or 5 files within the vuplus folder..
    I would try another source to download the image from...

Code
    http://workupload.com/file/ub2bja4n

Sorry mate ,but this link is empty- nothing to download.You cen check file BH 2.1.4 from this site and see what are inside.

• You can try from original source :

Code
    [URL='www.vuplus-community.net/board/attachments/blackhole-2-1-4-bm750_usb-zip.17073/']DUO BH 2.1.4[/URL]

As I stated before tried wit BH 2.1.4 files dowloaded from different sites, but result is always the same.
    So I don't beleive fail is no good- problem lies somewhere else, but where who knows

• sometimes these boxes are picky with usb sticks, try a smaller stick,4gb, as mentioned earlier you always have rs232 option

Stick is properly 4 GB of volume.
    This problem make me crazy- why and why......

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!