Unable to upgrade BH 2.0.4 to BH 2.1.4 on Vu Duo

There are 54 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,078 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Yes, I have

Delete it from the hdd

But if that does not solve the problem, then you really need to flash to another image (original is best, but vti, openvix, openpli, openatv etc etc will do), then if that goes fine, you can try to flash to BH 2.1.4

• Delete it from the hdd

But if that does not solve the problem, then you really need to flash to another image (original is best, but vti, openvix, openpli, openatv etc etc will do), then if that goes fine, you can try to flash to BH 2.1.4

Deleted bsckups, but result is the same.
    Please give me link to load original BH

- - - Updated - - -

Deleted bsckups, but result is the same.
    Please give me link to load original BH

Dloaded original , please send me tutorial how to procede after instalation

- - - Updated - - -

Hi EvO
    Stil waiting your assistance, please help me.

• Sorry I missed your reply.

Ok so you have successfully installed the original Vu+ image without a problem ?

If so, now try to flash BH 2.1.4 again (don't use a backup image, start with a clean fresh image).

Edited once, last by Ev0 ().

• Sorry I missed your reply.

Ok so you have successfully installed the original Vu+ image without a problem ?

If so, now try to flash BH 2.1.4 again (don't use a backup image, start with a clean fresh image).

Not yet installed original image - received message that if box isn't original one, then is not possible install any other image after BH 2.0.4.
    I bot it as second hand and now I am not sure what is realy brand.Please let me know how to check it.
    Sorry to be anoing to you but I have to clear actual situation.

- - - Updated - - -

EvO`s suggestion was to flash the original image, if that works try to flash Black Hole. Can you confirm you have tried this. If not try the suggestion then report back.. Do you now want to stay on the original image and need a tutorial on how to set it up ?

Thanks for reply.I am waiting to clarify situation regarding the box original or clone.I strongly beleive that is original, but receiving information whih confuses me.

• Not yet installed original image - received message that if box isn't original one, then is not possible install any other image after BH 2.0.4.
    I bot it as second hand and now I am not sure what is realy brand.Please let me know how to check it.
    Sorry to be anoing to you but I have to clear actual situation.

Sorry clones are not supported on this site, and I don't support them either.
    You were asked early on in this thread, if your box was a clone and you replied it is 100% original.

You will need to do your own research and tests now to findout if it is genuine or a clone.

If you can findout that it is genuine then i'm happy to help, but I think we both know the answer now don't we

• Sorry clones are not supported on this site, and I don't support them either.
    You were asked early on in this thread, if your box was a clone and you replied it is 100% original.

You will need to do your own research and tests now to findout if it is genuine or a clone.

If you can findout that it is genuine then i'm happy to help, but I think we both know the answer now don't we

Since now I was 100% sure that is genuine, but some members confused me with their posts.Read that BH 1. 7 6 was the last image fleshable on Vu Duo clone, but as I have now BH 2.0.4 how you will understan this, please.Googled to find out how to make check but nothing useful.
    Please don't make final conclusions before we do valid and final test.
    Thanks for understanding and if you can help me with some advices wich are not contrary with the Forum rules I'll highly appreciate

• Ok if you are sure you have a 100% genuine box, then please flash to original Vu+ software.

If the update works ok, then try to flash to BH 2.1.4

Installed original image completely , after inserted stick with duo_cfe_3_0_usb and stick with BH 2.1.4 but unfortunatelly box revers to Vu Duo original previosly installed.
    Flashed back with Full Back Up BH 2.0.4 successfuly.
    Contacted the seler of box and he confirm that box is genuin one

- - - Updated - - -

What I can try next , please ?

• well done
    at least you tried something

there are 2 usb inputs at rear of box

have you tried them ?

and don't use backup's of image
    until you get it working

parabéns cr7 & moliveira88

Μπρέντφορντ Φ.Σ

RIP Vangelis Papathanassiou

• Hi Guys,

This is my first post on here so please be gentle with me. I notice that some of you can be a little "tetchy".

Without wishing to confuse this issue further, may I share my recent similar experience with a Vu Solo box? Actually, I have two 100% original boxes with verified serial numbers. I also tried to upgrade my boxes from 2.0.4 image to 2.1.4. The one in the bedroom worked although it took some half hour to boot after the reflash which had me a bit concerned. The other box in the living room reads the image apparently normally but refuses to boot, or, at least, there is no video output. Reverting to BH image 2.0.4 works perfectly and boots quickly.

This issue has been driving me crazy for the last few days. I have considered suicide as an option.

Is anyone aware of any issues in the bootloader area, particularly with older boxes that could cause this kind of thing?

One further question (I am very new at this and know virtually nothing) what do you mean by a clean image as opposed to a backup? I just downloaded 2.1.4 directly to my stick (old 2Gb Kingston that the boxes seem to like) unzipped and flashed.

cheers all.

• Use the same usb stick as you used to flash original Vu+ image.

Make sure you are using a clean original (not a backup image) of BH 2.1.4 and try again.

Yes, it was clean original (not a backup image) of BH 2.1.4 , but box revert to original Vu Duo again.
    I repeat box is genuine if you prefer I can send a picture of rear sticker . Please let me know.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I have. Results are same as on front side.

- - - Updated - - -

Use the same usb stick as you used to flash original Vu+ image.

Make sure you are using a clean original (not a backup image) of BH 2.1.4 and try again.

Sorry , didn't pay attention for the firs line. I'll try to flash with the same stick and revert results.

- - - Updated - - -

At the end- success. EvO you are realy magician
    - using the sam stick solved the

problem.Thanks a lot to all of you, but special thanks to EvO- no more doubts wether my

box is genuine or not. This was a long battle , but at the end we find solution of this strange problem

• Glad to hear it bud ,,but as you stated that you had a lot of experience flashing and this point was made to you in several posts..
    WOW--54 posts just to flash a vu+... whatever next....
    anyhows good to hear a positive outcome,, thread closed..

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!