freesat lost in 28.2 E (BBC, ITV ,etc)

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,256 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Hes trying to receive channels that are on the UK spot beam from Astra 2F which has a fairly tight beam over the UK. Since hes not in the UK that could be the problem. I'm guessing your dish has moved slightly which has been enough lose reception.

Its either that or SES has turned the downlink power down a bit or its been drown out by Badr or Arabsat 5a which both use 10770 H which is probably near enough to cause loss of signal where he is located.

Nano

• Well, that's happened just one or two weeks ago and on the other hand you can watch the rest of sly uk nicely

- - - Updated - - -

I'm using a BH 2.1.4 with XBMC and my deco i'ts a Vu plus duo 2,
    I"ve scanned manually the hole 28.2 E satellite but those channels didn't come out

• Most of the free to air UK channels are on a tight spot beam, whlst other encrypted channels are on a European beam which has a much wider foot print. That would explain why some are working and others not.

Which part of Europe are you in exactly?

Nano

• All i can suggest is to check the alignment, If thats OK then it may be interference from the sats either side of 28e or they may have simply turned down the downlink power. I would suggest asking you neighbours with a dish on 28e if they are having the same issues before investigating any further.

If your neighbours are in the same boat then you have your answer.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!