Reattaching a dual lnb that fell off when moving it

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 619 times. The last Post () by codar.

• My dish got moved a little by the winds(generic *** one) meaning I lost all signal, I used a pole to push the dish back but then knocked off lnb, I borrowed a ladder and when I go up to put it back I cant work out exactly what to do(partly as ladder is a little short so I am below the dish) What confuses me is so I put it on end and slide it on, or on top and screw it in? If so I assume the original screw is lost so what kind of replacement can I use? It looks like a modern one which has no adaptor, just a metal part that moves up and down.

EDIT : looking online its a mark 4 one.

Edited once, last by dekaman ().

• I think the newer ones (some have little bubble level) just clip on over the lnb arm and are held in place with a small plastic push in dowel.
    The older ones pushed in through the end of the lnb arm and were held in place by a longer plastic dowel.
    Either way, its in the right position when the hole on the lnb plastic bracket lines up with the hole on the lnb arm.
    If the dowel is lost / perished, a small nut and bolt should do the trick.
    The metal arm on the newer dish's should lock into place once pulled downward. (you can see this happening from the rear of the dish.)
    Truth be told, a picture wouldn't do any harm to be honest.
    If the lnb plastic bracket is broken, they can be bought quite easily but if the dish is in bad shape, a new dish may be the way to go.

iBffBYU.png

Edited once, last by codar ().

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!