Anyone got a Complete step by step Guide for Openbox s10

There are 18 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,971 times. The last Post () by Figgis.

• Hi guys,
    I'm a complete noob when it comes to this stuff... does anyone have a complete step by step guide for openbox s10?
    I have motorised dish, it's finding nothing!!! Can't find any sats on it... do I need channel lists before it'll work???
    A complete guide would be great for newbies as more and more people are getting the openbox!
    s

• There are plenty of youtube videos for the openbox s9/s10 on setting up the box

both boxes have the same menus just laid out slightly different on the boxes

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.

• If you are still struggling setting up the box there are plenty of people on with the same box on here to help you out if you get stuck

• Do you know whether your motorized dish is aligned correctly on the arc?

The dish was working about a month ago with my dm500s, so I don't see how it could be off the arc...
    Thankfully, I have an old 28.2 dish fitted anyway and I can use it for the mean time... it would just be nice to use the motorised dish...
    Do you need to put a channel list on the openbox (like the dm500) or should I be seeing some sats on blind scan without any channel list installed?

• If you are still struggling setting up the box there are plenty of people on with the same box on here to help you out if you get stuck

Thanks Phonix, but I'm so confused I dunno where to begin... I don't know what to put on my usb to load onto openbox (in terms of channel lists, cccam stuff, loaders)...
    The box just arrived this morning and it is currently in factory condition...

• download latest image from this post http://linuxsat-support.com/op…-09-2011-a.html#post27535

and then follow this great tutorial from Data7 the menus run along the top on a s10 and down the side on the s9 so dont worry to much as the functions are the same on each box and the latest image has extra menu for cccam

good luck

• Another really stupid question lads, do I unpack the .rar files (channel lsits, etc), or not?
    I know on my old Technomate years ago, they weren't unpacked....

• Thanks Phonix... I feel like a right pain in the ar$e! I'll work my way through your guide... that'll keep me busy this evening :) cheers again!

• I've downloaded the latest firmware (s10 NM HD52 Avatar...), I've unzipped it to the root of my usb, I've placed the USB stick into the openbox, I've gone to 'dump by usb', then 'Misc. Files' on Openbox, but there appears to be no CCcam.cfg file to dump? If I go out of that menu and go to 'upgrade by usb', I can see the CCcam.cfg file then! Any ideas what could be wrong there?

• I've downloaded the latest firmware (s10 NM HD52 Avatar...), I've unzipped it to the root of my usb, I've placed the USB stick into the openbox, I've gone to 'dump by usb', then 'Misc. Files' on Openbox, but there appears to be no CCcam.cfg file to dump? If I go out of that menu and go to 'upgrade by usb', I can see the CCcam.cfg file then! Any ideas what could be wrong there?

You need to make your own CCcam.cfg by following the how to below

Open Notepad, then do a File > Save as > Save as type to be All Files > Give it the name of CCcam.cfg. Now add you own info and FTP to /etc

• Hi Phonix,
    I managed to get some software to FTP to Openbox, but there are only FOUR folders (Kernel, System, Ccam plug & Mgcamd plug)...
    I dunno where the /etc folder on the openbox...

• i have never ftp,d in to my box sorry cant help there

i just up load every thing via usb stick and the image built in menu tools quick and easy

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!