Why do some boxes freeze on the same line that others are rock solid?

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 827 times. The last Post () by codar.

• The title pretty much says it all, I'm trying to get my head around why if you use same line in one box / receiver it is rock solid and if you use the same line in another it is constantly glitching.
    The case in point is that when I use my line in my Technomate TM-6902 it is constantly glitching (even in the more stable channels such as *** Sports). 'Cause it's a crap box' some might say, but I've found that when I use the same line in my Dreambox DM800HD it is still a little glitchy and when I use it in my HTPC it is pretty much glitch free.
    Anyway my mate brought around his Ferguson non-linux box - a box is seen as the lowest of the low - and guess what? the channels, even the least stable, Setanta Sports was totally glitch free.

The other strange thing is that I tried a test line on my Technomate which was fine, but try the same line in the Dreambox and it was glitches r us.

Anyone care to make a suggestion as to why this happens?

bb69

• great question, but please expect the 'where are you getting your line from?' question to be asked before you get any worthwhile response :shocker:

:bravo:

Could be a good thread if he's using a pc server on his LAN _ But ?

As stevejo suggests ¬ Probably a Payserver :thread killer:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Cant support this question here as it appears you are using payservers ,but look at the versions of cccam in use along with the image the box is running

Ok, I will continue this question with this.....

i am using the same C:line from a friend (non-payserver) in two different boxes, a DM800 and a Vu+Solo2.
    Both boxes use the same version of CCcam but the DM800 although older is much more stable :59:

Looks like some boxes are better for sharing than others.

• Ok, I will continue this question with this.....

i am using the same C:line from a friend (non-payserver) in two different boxes, a DM800 and a Vu+Solo2.
    Both boxes use the same version of CCcam but the DM800 although older is much more stable :59:

Looks like some boxes are better for sharing than others.

In my experience tm6000series box and ferguson prefers N: line for more stable glitch free connection _ Newcamd protocol i believe ?:good news: N:line to oscam connection in cccam is no problem ¬ Just ask your mate for N: line to test yourself and let us know ?

:rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Cant support this question here as it appears you are using payservers ,but look at the versions of cccam in use along with the image the box is running

I'm NOT using a payserver, but I suppose not currently adhereing to the 'principles' of cardsharing either. A mate is allowing me to access his subscription(s) and I'm not currently sharing back.
    Although it is on the understanding when I'm up and running, I share back my subscription with him.

Which kinda brings me to why I asked the question - Hopefully you'll all understand that getting into this hobby is an awful lot to get your head around, therefore as both of us are pretty new to all of this, therefore we have used test lines from payservers to make sure that our set-ups are correct.

bb69

PS: Thanks all for the replies, I've got a better understanding of why some glitch and others don't now.

• Are both boxes connected via LAN ??
    I found this to be the case with DUO2 LAN and UNO on wifi extender.
    Duo2 was on BH214 + CCcam2.3.0 while UNO was on BH210 + CCcam 2.2.1..
    I then switched both boxes over to use OScam and got a different result but in my case not better.
    Of course this was internal sharing, not external.
    I would look closer at the mates set up also....

• therefore we have used test lines from payservers to make sure that our set-ups are correct.

Should probably read ¬

therefore we are using test lines from payservers to make sure that our set-ups are correct.

Could be a 2 week ban coming up ? Over to Mods :79:

• A test line from a payserver isnt a good gauge to be honest , yes there is a lot to get your head round fully agree with you everyone here had a learning curve and as things change you need to keep learning , its both a hobby and an education

Good luck with your endeavours

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!