oscam wont work on my vu+

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,344 times. The last Post () by muzz.

• hi lads I am trying to setup my vu+du with oscam + ccam but oscam wont work I can only getting working with cccam, I have downloads oscam+cccam files but oscam wont kick in so can anyone help me please.
    thanks

• A bit more info is needed to help you.

Which card are you trying to use, which image are you using?

Nano

• got that but not tested yet , which ones the cccam file mate.
    thanks

- - - Updated - - -

mm wont work I need cccam file and I cant see it the that code on the link pal

Edited once, last by muzz ().

• http://linuxsat-support.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21657&d=1391115375

Download the file then ftp it to the tmp folder in your Vu+, change permissions (CHMOD) to 777

You should then be able to install it from.....

Menu -> addons -> manually install IPK packages

5744b8d406b0783e60d5a.jpg

CCCam files are found in Var/etc, you need to add your lines into cccam.cfg, make sure you set the clock speed to 357mhz in the cccam.cfg file so it doesn't burn your card. You will also need to add your boxkey to see the premium channels from your card.

SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY : /dev/sci0 3570000 for slot 0

BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 00 00 00 00 for slot 0

If your boxkey is 12345678 you add it like this

BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 12 34 56 78

Nano

Edited 4 times, last by nano ().

• got that but not tested yet , which ones the cccam file mate.
    thanks

- - - Updated - - -

mm wont work I need cccam file and I cant see it the that code on the link pal

The oscam + cccam configs are 11th on the list of files attached in the post that I linked you too....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• white card not paired mate, and I thought you didn't need boxkey for oscam+cccam, Its running in dreambox 500 with oscam+cccam running ok but I wanted to set my duo up just incase the dm blows up again lol.
    thanks

- - - Updated - - -

ok done all that will let you know if it works thanks lads

- - - Updated - - -

sozz to be a pain but where do I change the clock speed to 357mhz in the cccam.cfg I can only see it in oscam server file .
    thanks

• If your using oscam to read the card you don't need to worry as OSCam wil set the card speed automatically unless you set it to do otherwise.

You only need it if you are using CCCam to read the card.

Nano

• well at the min in my dreambox I don't need the box key and using oscam/cccam backup image and its allways bin ok so all them files iv downloads from the link should be ok when I put my details in.
    thanks

- - - Updated - - -

ok it all working with oscam on my vu+ duo BUT? something strange is going on, oscam will only work if I have a sat feed in and I don't want any sat feeds in its only for a sever I am using my et9000 for viewing, Is this a new one for you or can is be sorted.
    thank you lads

• well at the min in my dreambox I don't need the box key and using oscam/cccam backup image and its allways bin ok so all them files iv downloads from the link should be ok when I put my details in.
    thanks

The reason you don't need to add your box key is because you are using oscam to read the card which works out the boxkey itself.... nano was explaining to you in an earlier post that if you were to use cccam alone then you would need to add the boxkey and set the card reader speed....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• yes I know pal but can you tell me why oscam wont work unless I have the satellite feed in.
    thanks pal

- - - Updated - - -

cant get it to work ok its not reliable one min its working next its not so I may just sell it and try and set my et9000 up as a server and if sly gets sorted I will buy a new box off the sponsor. Im going to try and set it it my self but may need help.
    thanks

• Why don't you post a startup log of oscam with the sat feed removed...... let's see what is going on before you decide to sell your duo....

fI7WHhv.png

• yes I know pal but can you tell me why oscam wont work unless I have the satellite feed in.
    thanks pal

- - - Updated - - -

cant get it to work ok its not reliable one min its working next its not so I may just sell it and try and set my et9000 up as a server and if sly gets sorted I will buy a new box off the sponsor. Im going to try and set it it my self but may need help.
    thanks

If you have no sat feed in and no clients active oscam wont work you will see no activity because it has nothing to decrypt also as to you earlier response not paired every card has to to paired to some form of box for it to work , you cant have an active card without pairing regardless

• my cards all ways been in my dreambox and that's got a broken tuner with no sat feeds and that's always worked, And without the sat feed in it does work but we don't get sports and movies and if I put bk in it only runs on cccam and we get everything, like iv said its strange oscam will only work with a sat feed in and I have to restart oscam for it to start and then it goes off and on, I have taken the vu off line now and setup my et9000 but cant test it yet.

- - - Updated - - -

my cards all ways been in my dreambox and that's got a broken tuner with no sat feeds and that's always worked, And without the sat feed in the vu+ it does work but we don't get sports and movies and if I put bk in it only runs on cccam and we get everything, like iv said its strange oscam will only work with a sat feed in and I have to restart oscam for it to start and then it goes off and on, I have taken the vu off line now and setup my et9000 but cant test it yet.

And without the sat feed in the vu+ it does work but we don't get sports and movies and if I put bk in it only runs on cccam and we get everything, like iv said its strange oscam will only work with a sat feed in and I have to restart oscam for it to start and then it goes off and on, I have taken the vu off line now and setup my et9000 but cant test it yet.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!