amiko alien HDD wont go to sandby

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 464 times. The last Post () by pauldb.

• Hi All I have an amiko alien triple running champion c open atv 4.2. only issue i have is the HDD wont go to standby. its on all the time. I have tried setting the Storage device settings to different modes. 2 mins 5 mins 10 mins but the HDD always remains on. Also i enable the hard drive timer function and disable but the HDD remains on. is there any other way to tell the drive to go to standby when its not in use.

• a couple of things
    have you rebooted box for new settings
    where are your picons if on hard drive then everytime you change channel the drive wil spin up

and do you have timeshift set to on

other than that mine has been spinning for 2 years and not had a problem

• no havent re booted box yet as the latest image is the most stable i have ever had. i tweaked a lot of things myself. no timeshift as i removed that plugin as it was causing issues. picons are on the hdd but the drive is always on even if the box is in standby and i wanted to see if that was normal. should the hdd not go into standby itself.

• no havent re booted box yet as the latest image is the most stable i have ever had. i tweaked a lot of things myself. no timeshift as i removed that plugin as it was causing issues. picons are on the hdd but the drive is always on even if the box is in standby and i wanted to see if that was normal. should the hdd not go into standby itself.

Why don't you switch the rocker at the back some settings need a reboot,if the box as set the hard drive to no standby and you have set it to say ten minutes it may need a full reboot to change settings,also picons on hard drive and you set it to standby your box and EPG will slow down as the drive will have to respin,like I said before keep it spinning

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!