iOS 5 with tethered JB

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,214 times. The last Post () by ddaddy.

• Has anyone upgraded to the iOS 5 GM build?
    I'm thinking of giving it a go later tonight, but not sure if I can upgrade or whether you have to setup as a new device and then resync.
    Also, are there any problems with the majority of JB apps/tweaks like SBTools etc..?

• hang on a bit the final is out next week, last time I did it {beta 7} mobile substrate and winter board was very flaky thus a lot of the good tweaks didnt work. appsync for ios 5 works though so you hacked sorry trial apps will work :-).

To get ios 5 gm to actvate you will have to jb then do the activation hack ifunbrowser type program (if your not a registered developer} not worth the hassle with the final and unteathered jb so close.

If its not broke --- fix it anyway.

• I did it before I read this.
    iOS5 GM is the final build. The same one that'll be released next week. They release it a week earlier so dev's can get their app's working on it and in the app store ready for public release.
    I didn't have to run activation hack. Just installed it using the beta iTunes and it works perfectly.

Then I JB'd it, and things weren't quite so perfect. JB went fine and like you say appsync works, so all my *cough* paid apps *cough* work fine.
    A lot of the tweaks I used to use dont work however. This is mainly down to PreferenceLoader not being iOS5 compatible (This is what lets tweaks put an entry in the Settings app) aparantly the creator wont update it until public release of iOS5.

SBSettings working fine, so is iFile and MobileTerminal. Everything else I can live without, but going to go through a few more tweaks to try.

• Sorry about the duff activation info, to my knowledge that this is the first time apple haven't included client protection on a GM release, don't know if this was a error but hay ho might have a go myself :-)

• Rumour has it a Userland (web based unteathered) JB will be released very soon after final release.

• Yea most of the tweaks I use are native in 5 anyway it's the tethered bit is the problem spending slot of the time away from home at moment.

• Understandable. Too be honest, i've been reading that the GM, although it's the same release, will have a time bomb in it, so an update to the official release is still needed.

• Been usein IOS 5 GM for 2 days now in iPad2 & iPhone 4, It's tetherd but works perfect and has some nice bits init.

PS. anyone wants copy of it gimme shout NO UDID needed to activate it.

• Apart from the alerts, I'd say it's the same as ios4.
    And even the alerts could do with some work. Like not being able to clear individual ones in a group.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!