"hanging" in channels. openelec+cccam+oscam+tvheadend

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,288 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hi.

I am so happy to be here.and I can see that most posts receive a reply.I am Running my system with a cccam Client line, in openELEC with tvheadend and oscam. But I am close to giving up, because now and then, the channels are freezing and I need to change channel in order to watch TV again.the following log is from oscam:

Sometimes this happen:

Code
    2015/01/30 14:15:57 94009AC0 p Reader-1 [cccam] disconnected: reason close
    2015/01/30 14:15:58 9400BA80 p init error from reader Reader-1
    2015/01/30 14:15:58 9400BA80 p Reader-1 [cccam] proxy initialized, server my.cam.service:****
    2015/01/30 14:15:58 0 >> OSCam << cardserver log switched, version 1.20-unstable_svn, build r9730 (x86_64-openelec-linux-gnu)

And sometimes it is this error:

So when a channel freezes, and I change channel, and change it back again, tvheadend is telling me "no access" after an little while the channel starts working again.this is what happened, in the log below:

I have tried using another cccam server, but the result was the same.what can be causing these issues? And what can I do to prevent them?

Here is some information about my system:

Version: oscam-1.20-unstable_svn-r9730

The only thing I have changed is inactivity timeout for the reader, and Client timeout. after I had tweaked them and little it helps but only just a bit.my satellite signal is 59%.
    Thank you so much for your time!

• The client line is likely your issue to be honest signal should be fine as long as the bit error rate is ok but this will be reflected in the signal to noise ratio I find issues with levels only under 40 % signal level

• Thank you so much for your reply.but there is something I don't understand. oscam seems like a very complex program.wouldn't it be possible to tweak some numbers in the settings, so even though there is poor reception to the server, the TV channel would only pause for a moment and then continue? I do not understand why it just stops playing the channel.I hope I am making sense of all this..

So there is nothing at all I can do on my side?

This is from TVheadend:

Bit Error Rate:
    0/s
    Uncorrected Bit Errors:
    0/

So no problems there I guess

Thanks once again for your time

• Its the signal and the encryption with in it that triggers the cam to request an ecm poor signal or no signal = no request as it doesnt know what to request an ecm for ,signal doesnt seem to be your issue though and there is no cam available that can help as itll be server related , I would advise you to try a line from someone else to see if you still have the same issue

• Okay.thanks for your quick reply.I already tried another line and had the same issues.but I will try again to see if I have better luck this time.I will report back when I have tried it out

• The response times in your log are very high 800ms + are you on a broadband connection , have you tested ping times with in your own network and to websites also , you have a server or internet issue most ecm times are never that high

• I am connected to the Internet through a VPN service.but that shouldn't be a problem right? I just changed the VPN tunnel to another country and that did not affect the Response time.yes I am on 30 Mb broadband connection.no I have not tried testing ping time.perhaps I should do that first

- - - Updated - - -

This is weird.if I ping the server from the same machine I am using as a client, I am getting response times at around 30 ms.I don't understand what is going on...

• server response 30 ms plus the time for the server to respond and send you an ecm ,drop the vpn and try a direct connection , I am still sure its server related I dont have your card to give you a line to test

I am Running my system with a cccam Client line,

To gratify my own curiousity because although stevejo seems to have understood you, I don´t.
    You have a server machine and a client machine separately ?
    You are using VPN to connect as client from your own server within the same network?
    you have a ping of 30ms through vpn ? and without vpn?

• Perhaps I was expressing myself to vague. I have a machine which is the client, connected to a VPN and to the cccam server.nothing is separate here.I don't know about connecting without a VPN. I don't think it's safe so I will have to think about it... :)

- - - Updated - - -

I hope that made a lot more sense!!!

• if the server is not your own then ask for a different line.
    For a client only you don´t need Oscam,, CCcam would do the job alone.
    Where you are, most do not feel the need for a vpn either.. but each to their own..
    Also from you location and trying to open caid:0b00, I imagine you are trying to open Scandinavian ?
    Can´t help you there , sorry.

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!