Having a nightmare! - HTPC with DVB-S2 tuner

• Hi,

After the unfortunate death of my vu+ satellite box I decided I'd buy a tuner for my PC or raspberry pi instead of a new sat box. I bought a tevii s660 usb tuner as I read some decent things and it was supported natively in linux.

I've been messing around between openelec/tvheadend on the raspberry pi and nextpvr/mediaportal with windows.

I gave up on the raspberry pi because the tuner kept disappearing after a while. Nextpvr worked fine but I couldn't see anywhere to add softcams, so I moved to mediaportal. Somewhere in the midst of this experimenting with the software above and some others (I think) my motorised dish got moved to 19.2e from 28.2e and now I'm struggling to get any of the software to move it back.

I'm currently trying openelec + tvheadend on my PC after reading somewhere that motorised dishes around difficult to manage in windows. On my sat box I just set the motor side of things to positioner, then entered my latitude and longitude and I was good to go.

Can anyone please help me with controlling my dish / getting it back to 28.2e? There's only so much German TV I can handle...

- - - Updated - - -

progdvb sorted me out, works the motor fine :thumb:

• master G

Added the Label DVB Windows Support

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!