Dream multimedia Error

• Hi everyone - I would be grateful if someone with more knowledge would be able to help me with my dm800hd clone?

I tried to reflash with a .nfi image that I had saved as a backup (via a plugin on enigma 2), due to a problem with my EPG. Unfortunately, it made it even worse and now I just have a solid red light and "ERROR" on the LCD. I have been trying to find a solution and have saw "NO CA" mentioned quite a few times on various sites, however my box does not say this, it just says ERROR.

I downloaded a new image for the sim 2.01 box (OPENATV 4.2) and tried to reflash with a null cable and dreamup.

I was able to connect to my box (not via network, however, so the upload tooks a very long time) - i used the patched version of dreamup and while the image uploaded to the box, it stuck at the message "box is flashing to it's memory" and remained there for hours.

Have any of you encountered this before or could you shed any light on it?

Many thanks

PS - apologies if the solution for this is already on here, but I don't really know what to search for to find out

- - - Updated - - -

Just an update in case anyone else ever has this issue -

I managed to get it fixed. I used optiflash and attempted to repair bad sectors. The message "finalising phase 2" stayed on screen for ages. I didn't think it had worked so I disconnected the box, rebooted it and it went into STOP mode which enabled me to reflash via the browser.

Edited once, last by db5607 ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!