VU+ Solo SE or Wetek Play

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,437 times. The last Post () by ekkostar.

• Hi Guys,
    I don't know if is this the right place, i'm looking for other DVB-S2 receiver to replace my DM800, i ve an Wetek play and want to buy second box for other room, i ve idea to buy VU+ Solo SE to this room but i want some features like at wetek,vu+ already have perfect native XBMC, Netflix, Oscam, Pulsar, DLNA and Upnp.

Thanks in advance

• I will take a vu+ to compare with my wetek. And if not happy return :)

I think that are different devices. VU+ and Dreambox are MIPS powered devices, and to be honest I am not sure about their hardware decoding/acceleration of Audio and Video, as most is done with gstreamer, but even new VU+ have issue with port of Kodi/XBMC at them as they use gstreamer for playback and that is not happy solution.

On the other side Netflix will not work on VU+, as it is not working on my Raspberry Pi, but on WeTek Play it is working only under Android as WeTek is Google GMS certified device and support DRM.

About DVB is only what you preffer, on Raspberry Pi I am using my Sundtek Tv USB tuner for DVB-C/T and it is working great in combination with OSCam, and also on WeTek Play I am using dual boot Android (WeTek Theater + OSCam works good) and OpenELEC (VDR or tvheadend + OsCam also working good).

So when my wife force me to watch Netflix we reboot to Android and start original Netflix app, and you can download netflix directly from Google Play on WeTek OS (Android).

When we want to watch torrent streaming Pulsar or Navi-X we use OpenELEC. I preffer to use OpenELEC on WeTek Play to watch DVB as it has many features and very good expandable skins and options.

Further more WeTek Play will cost you approx 110 eur with free delivery as mine arrived next day after order, and yes this company have excellent support by email and their forums and already they have huge community around open-source projects.

But as you already have one probably you already know facts and potential of this how i like to call it "small computer". I never had any VU+, only DM500 HD 3 years ago, and comparing MIPS with ARM now days is like comparing Commodore 64 with PS4 in sense of processing performance and interoperability and Linux Kernel support.

P.S:

As you already have one wetek, why dont you buy Raspberry Pi 2 and use it as tvheadend client to WeTek Play, as WeTek Play can be server & client in same time, so you can watch DVB-S2 or DVB-C/T from WeTek on Raspberry Pi. All what you have to do is to install OpenELEC at Raspberry Pi and to install tvheadend or VDR VNSI addon which will connect to WeTek Play, so you have all in one.

Edited 4 times, last by xbmcflix ().

• So, I've been reading about this wetek box.

Is it good?

I'm using a azbox mini me, but, i'm a bit tired, i want to explore more.

I'm using kodi on my PC, but i saw that wetek can run openelec and DVB.

And it has android!

i'm a Android user, and i have a lot of apps that could use a TV :D

So, you guys recommend buying wetek.

Is it a good choice?

The price is great, 109€ with a tuner.

Cheers!

• I bought the VU+, first took longer than Wetek...today still didn't arrive let's see if tomorrow come...

- - - Updated - - -

Well i got the Vu+... and clearly... not big evolution from dreambox e2 beginning, Wetek still much more complete.

• I am restarting this thread as I am having the same discussion. At the moment I have two devices connected to my 2nd TV:
    - A VU+ for sat tv using a cccam line
    - An Android TV box for Kodi streaming + web browser for TV streaming

I would like to try out wetek to see if it can replace both. My only concern is how smooth the sat part is. I need a smooth zapping between channels cleared by my C-line, as well as being able to easily scan and manage my bouquets like i do today with Vu+. I am concerned this is not as smooth on the wetek as it is on VU+ with E2.

Thanks for your advice.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!