use oscam as cccam client ... howto ?

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 9,645 times. The last Post () by CarrotCruncher.

• hi there, i am familiar with newcamd and cccamd. right now i use mgcamd, used newcamd lines as well as cccamd lines. but it is freezing from time to time.

i read that i could use oscam instead and that it would be more stable, regarding the freezes.

i have logins for cccam (clines). how do i setup the oscam files in order to use my clines ??

i am getting confused when i read about setting up config files on server and client. i only want to use client ! i need no reshare. all i want to do is add my cline somewhere in oscam config files and then start oscam that my receiver is working like mgcamd does.

i hope i could explain what i want.

thanks for any help regarding that issue.

edit : i put
    [reader]
    label=mycline.domain
    enable=1
    protocol=cccam
    device=myclinedomain,port
    user=myuser
    password=mypass
    cccversion=2.1.2
    group=1
    inactivitytimeout=1
    reconnecttimeout=30
    lb_weight=100
    cccmaxhops=10
    ccckeepalive=1
    cccwantemu=0

in /var/keys/oscam.server

but i cannot start oscam. i guess i am missing some settings in oscam.user and/or oscam.conf ?!?

• i use your files now, oscam.conf and oscam.user ..

except that i use duckbox as boxtype.

- - - Updated - - -

lower cardslot, oscam.server

#MINE
    [reader]
    label=myserver.ip
    enable=1
    protocol=cccam
    device=myserverip,myserverport
    user=known
    password=alsoknown
    cccversion=2.1.2
    group=1
    inactivitytimeout=1
    reconnecttimeout=30
    lb_weight=100
    cccmaxhops=10
    ccckeepalive=1
    cccwantemu=0
    caid = 0963

and external reader :

[reader]
    label=44
    enable=1
    protocol=cccam
    device=myip
    user=myuser
    password=mypw
    cccversion=2.1.2
    group=1
    inactivitytimeout=1
    reconnecttimeout=30
    lb_weight=100
    cccmaxhops=10
    ccckeepalive=1
    caid = 0963
    cccwantemu=1

the oscam modul can not be started, where mgcamd can be started ....

online there once was a oscam small version, that did start, but its not available anymore.

strangest thing is, that there is no logfile in /var/log/oscan.log

thanks for hints

• Convert C or N line to a [reader] with CCcam2Oscam then add to oscam.server file. You also need to use oscam.conf and oscam.user configured for dvbapi.

Which receiver and image are you using ?

Hi MasterG

Sorry to jump in on an old thread.

I would like to use Oscam instead of my CCCam in the hope it will allow 2 scrambled channels on PiP. I am using Duo2 on ViX 3.20 and HD Blue skin. I can PiP BBC1 and BBC2 but as soon as I try Scambled 1 and Scrambled 2 it all fails and one is just a black screen.

Is there is a "how to" guide on converting the CCcam (I have used your converter) and it seems okay. I am not sure how to now get OSCAM and enter the correct details so I can run it on my Duo2. You may tell me it will not help but I would also like to learn about Oscam.

Thanks in advance

• Official Post

When you convert the C line it will become a [reader]. Copy/paste/save the [reader] into oscam.server file. You also need to use the oscam.conf & oscam.user files that has dvbapi configured. Place oscam configs in /etc/tuxbox/config folder.. You can also edit oscam files from the webinterface http://ip.address.of.duo2:8888 > Click on Files tab > Copy in the configs and click save at the bottom of the page > Restart oscam.

Which version of CCcam are you using ? All versions other than 2.3.0 have a problem recording and watching other channels at the same time. This could also be your issue with Picture in Picture / PIP..

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!