WeTek Play questions

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,613 times. The last Post () by TH3-J0K3R.

• How weird...

My vu+ solo died, I bought a tevii s660 usb tuner and finally gave up on getting it working with my raspberry pi 2 or pc.

Then I got to looking at android dvb-s2 boxes earlier today, in particular the wetek play and now I come on here and you've got a 10% off / VIP thing going on, must be a sign that I should buy one.

Anyway can anyone please tell me a few things about this little box...

• Can get my cccam cline working easily?
    • Are there any problems with netflix?
    • Are channel lists and 7 day epg's possible / easy to add and work with?
    • Does it work with a motorised dish?

Sorry to be a pain but the usb tuner with tvheadend and kodi turned into a total disaster, really can't be arsed going through that again. I need something more simple, hopefully this is it.

• Hi markeh,

You will not make mistake especially as you get many functionalities in one device.

1. Yes it works. In OpenELEC you can download OSCam. Also for android there is oscam.On OpenELEC i use my subscription official to watch tv as i connect my smargo reader.

2. Netflix works, and i think wetek is only of few android players on market to support netflix hd playback, probably because is Google GMS certified.

3. In tvheadend you have Sly EPG grabber and many xml epg options.

4.yes it works in both, android, openelec (vdr, tvheadend)

• I've got 1 still setting up but far as I know it has newcamd and osram support. Channel list and epg work using tvheadend. 28.2 channels sorted themselves just need to change regional

thanks for replying, does the wetek theatre live tv app not have a working epg?

so far would you recommend it?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the answers. I might sound like a dumbass but is it possible to avoid tvheadend altogether and still have 7 day epg and softcams? I have developed a tvheadend phobia.

• Sure, go with VDR, or wetek theater

hows 7 day been achieved via VDR ?

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!