Creating a full backup

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,565 times. The last Post () by j4y4sha.

• hi all, bit of a novice when it comes to these boxes, but i have set up my vu duo with 1tb int hdd on VIX image and i have made a full backup via blue button>ViX>Backup Manager. i now have a full backup of my system stored in the hdd. is it now possible to do one of the following:

1 - put the newly created backup onto a memory stick, and flash the complete backup image on to another identical VU Duo
    2 - put the newly created backup on to my laptop and then ftp the backup onto the other vu duo

the reason i ask is my father inlaw wants the same box as me and as i have set mine up i would much rather flash my backup onto his receiver to save a couple of hours setting it up.

thanks in advance for any help :)

• You will need to FTP into your duo to the imagebackups folder (media/hdd/imagebackups) inside this folder will be a zip file which is your full backup.....

download the zip file to your desktop and extract the contents of it.... you will now have a folder named vuplus. Copy this folder over to your fat32 formatted usb stick and when that has completed you are now ready to flash the other duo...

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• If you used the backup manager then you have not created a full backup, just a settings and plugins backup.

ViX> Blue button> Backup manager = This creates a plugins and settings backup. Please note that this backup requires a active internet connection to restore plugins as they are downloaded from the image feeds.

ViX> Blue button> Image manager = This creates a FULL image backup that can be restored to the same receiver or another receiver of the same make and model.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Thanks for your replies guys, I will give it a try tonight 😀

- - - Updated - - -

hi guys, i have created my backup, extracted it to my desktop (called openvix-vuduo-Apollo.153-2015-03-06_18-59) saved it to fat32 formatted usb and inserted & restarted box but just loads as normal, and if i go to: blue>vix>image manager or backup manager, there is nothing there. any ideas what i am doing wrong?!?! thanks

• so format usb to fat 32, do full backup straight to the usb stick insert it to the new box and it will work... and do i need to factory reset my second box before i begin? thanks

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!