What to buy? Azbox? VU +? Wetek? Deambox?

There are 32 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,588 times. The last Post () by theinvoice.

• Hi there,

I'm new at the forum!

So, I'm looking for a new satellite receiver, I've searched a lot in internet, and i found a lot!

AzBox, DreamBox, VU + Duo, Wetek and some other's...

I use xbmc/Kodi on my laptop, and it works well.

My BIG question is, what do you recomend? I Have a Xbox One, and i love the fact that i can have a "All in One" device.

Help me :D

• Similar situation here I'm looking for a box within 100euro price tag :P
    Recording channels to my NAS is very important.

Do you have any experience with other devices?

Right now I'm using a old DVB-S receiver which has no multimedia functionality and having KODI support with a new box would be excellent.

• Only chance in this budget is Wetek Play...
    However i think is not only the cheapest but also the best one ;)

And sniffer for sure will help you :D

• You realy think Wetek is the best of them all?

You have one? Can you tell me about it?

I'm watching some video reviews on youtube.
    But user's feedback is very important for me! It helps me a lot to take a good call on buying any kind of devices.

• Depends on what you want out of your satellite receiver. it's all good and well buying a all in one jobbie but the old saying "jack of all trades, master of none" springs to mind here.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Personally I would say go for a Vu+ receiver but you wont get one capable of running XBMC / KODI for less than £170, the watek I have no experience with but I very much doubt the satellite side would be in any where comparable with a proper Enigma2 based receiver and that would be the part that would let the side down for me.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Personally I would say go for a Vu+ receiver but you wont get one capable of running XBMC / KODI for less than £170, the watek I have no experience with but I very much doubt the satellite side would be in any where comparable with a proper Enigma2 based receiver and that would be the part that would let the side down for me.

As far as i know Openelec + Kodi with VDR or TVHeadend is at minimum so complete as E2, i tried Vu+ and Wetek and Wetek on DVB is minimum so good as Vu+...
    I do same with Wetek as with HTPC.

phoenix you should try one, really m8!

For me DVB work perfectly at Wetek Play with OpenELEC but also with Android WeTek Theater. By the way there is in progress Enigma 2 for Wetek play so no doubt.

zimbra2001

Wetek use ARM processor, VU+ use MIPS processor, and Wetek have dedicated 3D GPU Mali-400 which is dual core GPU, and 1.5 GHz dual core CPU with Hardware acceleration for audio and video decoding. So at all Wetek Play as HW is more powerful than even any broadcom dual core mips processor.

WeTek Play CPU: 1.5 GHz Dual Core ARM

WeTek Play GPU: Dual Core Mali-400 GPU

DDR 3: 1 GB DDR 3 1333 MHz

If you want complete device for DVB, Multimedia and to serve to you as Mini PC go for Wetek, you will be happy. And of course you will spare 2xx pounds/euros in your pocket.

Take a look about zapping speed at WeTek Play:

Edited 2 times, last by xbmcflix ().

• xbmcflix

Thanks for the explanation!!!

In the video, it looks awesome. Clean and smooth.

one more thing, it's easy to install our TV on wetek.

I've heard so far VDR and TVHeadend, enigma 2...?!

What's best for a beginner like me in this kind of devices?!

Sorry for these dumb questions... :(

• zimbra2001

with all of those tutorials done by forum member sniffer i think nothing can't be hard, he make detailed tutorials and even myself used them when he was posting on another forum. Also for official software WeTek OS android there are many videos done by them explaining each part in video

• My 2 cents,

I have an ET9200 ( Atemio Nemesis on the way) and an HTPC (oldschool ATX board, video card, ATX case).

It all depends on what you want from your sat receiver, but I don' think technology is good enough for a 1 box solution YET.

For Live TV: Enigma2 receiver beats the pants off HTPC (TVHeadend/VDR), channel changing speed is about the same on both, but pause/rewind/FF is NIGHT and DAY. Also it is a PITA to update channel lists, TVHeadedit is similar to DBEdit, but nowhere near as quick or easy. External card readers and softcam configs are also a big PITA on TVHeadend(no Feeds)

For streaming NON live videos: Enigma2 receiver and HTPC are about the same, but there are a trillion more sources with HTPC (OpenELEC)

For streaming LIVE streams: HTPC kicks the $hit out of Enigma2 receivers, I view LIVE sports stream a lot, and my HTPC is NIGHT and DAY compared to my ET9200. The quality of $portsdevil is terrible, there are many more better choices/sources on HTPC/Kodi.

I hope this helps.

• Hi M8

I think TVH is easy to setup, ok have a learning time but when you get it is more advanced than e2, and softcams is also quite easy just one menu :D, but you also have VDR that is quite more popular in Germany and was the inspiration of e2 (in brief story - DBOX -> Neutrino -> VDR / E2

In my opinion Enigma2 is just stucked in time, nothing new, honestly i don't saw any advantage point on E2 Vs Openelec + Kodi + Live tv

For live stream in my opinion all depend on source, i'm used to watch premiere league at NBC, and works really really nice on Wetek and also on my PC... never tried on any e2.

• Well for me most important there is oscam for android and openelec, normal one with full functioning all parts, and neat feature of tvheadend is sly epg grabber and freesat/freeview epg grabber with series link feature

• Well for me most important there is oscam for android and openelec, normal one with full functioning all parts, and neat feature of tvheadend is sly epg grabber and freesat/freeview epg grabber with series link feature

I need to have new found patience tomorrow and get mine going im a big e2 enthusiast ,but love android and thats going to be my choice of os and it will keep the kids busy I hope

• Thank you for your comments. I am in the same situation; looking for a good receiver with kodi and internet browsing capabilities in order to replace the flash limited dm800hd. I live in France and prefer investing in a receiver with UHD added option. It seems that the Wetek has got that option. Is that wright? What about cccam sharing on the Wetek. Did you test it?

• Oscam works quite well as client on wetek using openelec.
    I haven't tested it as server.
    Although channel switching on sat side of things (i find) is a little bit slower than my main receiver (solo2)
    That said, i may not have it set up properly.
    Can't comment on UHD capabilities

iBffBYU.png

Edited once, last by codar ().

• I got a chance to try a WeTek this weekend.

I'm pretty convinced to buy one myself.

Android, does the trick for some apps from the play store, and it's user friendly.
    WeTek theater works, but using openELEC, the experience is way better.
    My friend already had TVHeadend configured, so, at this point i can't talk much.
    He said, using the tut's from the official forums helped him a lot.
    He had some questions, and the support was very fast to answer them.

This box, got a lot of great things.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!