how does this box compare with the amiko a3 sat/android box

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,834 times. The last Post () by xbmcflix.

• My experience with Dream / Amiko A3 / qviart and Wetek.

Wetek is incomparable better that Amiko and Qviart, because like xbmxflix says they don't have DVBAPI compatibility and no Openelec (this is the key point) and specially no support.
    At wetek everything works like in pc (from XBMC/KODI) all repositories all apps (pulsar , xvmc torrent).
    I had one issue and report they, 2 hours latter codesnake was talking to me in ***pe to check, that no brand can offer.
    Wetek was the first brand in port Lollipop android to their devices (till now nobody more AFAIK).
    About traditional mips.. i have feeling that is is already history, anyway i buy a vu+ solo SE to compare and be fair (if no good i will return), but i was already reading and i think cannot be compared.

And la cream de la cream... i think is no need because tvh / vdr on native kodi is much more powerful (just till wetek port openelec this was only at PC level), seems E2 is coming to this box (some videos already on youtube).

I ve no doubt that this is the revolution... i think fair price for this will be 399 euro... but they decide put it at 100... let's enjoy.

Btw i read this company is based by ex-workers of Amlogic + STi + some initial dreambox R&D.

• Just a simple q
    What can this box do that my vu solo2 and revo running openelec cant?
    Does it combine the best of the 2 boxes or is there other things im missing?

Cheers

110cm Triax Dish multi arm 13,16,19, 23, 28 east fixed 90cm thor

• Android + OpenELEC = BBC Player, Sly Go, Netflix or any streaming app at Android, while on OpenELEC Pulsar, Navi X, Genesis, NBC Sports Extra etc.

Both Android and OpenELEC support DVB, today I saw even ubuntu can be installed, small PC with tuner for 99 eur

Eventually more play some games, use wetek play as miracast so you can share screen of your phone to TV over wetek

Well is quite different and more powerful in sense of CPU speed, DDR memory etc

Edited 3 times, last by xbmcflix ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!