is the latest blackhole image to big for my solo ?

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 516 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• hi all, i have for the last few years owned a vu solo.
    i was/am currently running blackhole 2.0.3 on it and thought tonight i would got to 2.0.5.
    but whenever i load it to my box via usb and it loads. then when i restart my solo i get nothing but a blank screen.
    i then read that 2.0.4 would not run on the solos because of the amount of ram/rom or something likr that.
    so is this the end of my blackhole days ?
    many thanks,
    niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• i have flashed 2.0.5. and 2.0.4. and just get a blank screen :23_002:
    so i have now reverted back to 2.0.3

taken from the second paragraph of the 2.0.4. image on here "Solo and Duo only:
    The 1920x1080 framebuffer support has required extra Ram usage. For this reason the old Solo and Duo models do not have enough free ram to run the curent images with these new features."

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=72530

so not looking good and if 2.0.4. dont work i dont see how 2.0.5 will work ? !!

taken from first sentance of 2.0.5 image on here, and no mention of a solo. "New: HQ 5 Full Hd Skin 1920x1080 (duo2, solo2, soloSe, uno, ultimo, zero)
    New: OpenGL animations and Xbmc (duo2, solo2, soloSe)"

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=77528

perhaps i am missing something but its just not working.

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• the latest BH is ::::::::: Black Hole 2.1.5
    which is only 55mbs and I would try this one as it has latest drivers etc and better compatibility with newer plugins etc.....
    for example pluginskinmover where you can move all your plugins,etc to a usb stick freeing up the box itself
    Make sure you have a backup copy of the present one to fall back on...
    But you wont be able to use a personal backup on latest image..

• taken from the second paragraph of the 2.0.4. image on here "Solo and Duo only:
    The 1920x1080 framebuffer support has required extra Ram usage. For this reason the old Solo and Duo models do not have enough free ram to run the curent images with these new features."

That is complete and utter nonsense, the solo and duo can run the 1080 frame buffer just fine and do in ViX.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!