problems trying to configure my amiko 8900 with oscam

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,091 times. The last Post () by marko_eire.

• hi guys i'm also having problems trying to configure my amiko 8900 i am new to this so excuse my ignorance .....i've managed to get some clines but cannot get them to work. i've done a bit of reading and found out i need to convert them to N lines as i use oscam. i've copied the converted clines into the oscam conf file but i'm still not getting any channels... i'd really appreciate any guidance on this please let me know what i need to post (file wise) and i will do so appreciate any help you guys can give me thanks in advance !

• Official Post

Copy the converted c lines / readers into oscam.server, not oscam.conf. You also need dvbapi configured in oscam.conf and an [account] setup in oscam.user.

Use the attached oscam.conf and oscam.user files along with your oscam.server file with the readers inside.

Which image do you have on the amiko ? Some images require the boxtype in [dvbapi] to be dreambox instead of duckbox.

Look at the oscam webinterface for errors that will help solve this. In your browser type http://ip.address.of.amiko:8888

• thanks for the reply i'm at a loss with this box ! in which folder should i put the attached files? var/keys or user/keys or maybe a completely different folder all together ? banging my head off the wall .....

- - - Updated - - -

here's the box info not sure if you can determine the image i found a file called E2jffs2 on a usb when i tried to backup the image (in case i fupped it up ! )

System OE: OE-Alliance 2.3
    Distro: openatv
    Firmware version: 4.2.1
    Driver date: 20141227
    Kernel version: 2.6.32.61_stm24_0216
    Gui version: 2015-02-20

Appreciate your help BTW !

- - - Updated - - -

OK i have done a bit of goggling and put the files in /etc/tuxbox/config/ still no joy :(

• Official Post

The location for oscam configs in openatv image is /etc/tuxbox/config/ folder.

It uses dreambox as boxtype instead of duckbox.

Open oscam.conf file and change boxtype to dreambox.

Code
    [dvbapi]
    enabled = 1
    user = linuxsatsupport
    boxtype = [COLOR='#FF0000']dreambox[/COLOR]
    au = 1

Or connect to the oscam webinterface and enter the configs manually. Click Files > oscam.conf > paste in the configs and save. Do the same for oscam.server and .user. Restart oscam.

Install the softcam feed and download oscam from there..

• thanks master G i've edited the files where user was different to linuxsatsupport would it be ok to attach for your review? i've also copied the ipk file to a usb which i assume i just need to install into the back of the amiko ?

- - - Updated - - -

thanks master G i've edited the files where user was different to linuxsatsupport would it be ok to attach for your review? i've also copied the ipk file to a usb which i assume i just need to install into the back of the amiko ?

• just installing the ipk it found the usb key which is a start !

i've also copied the files across to the etc/tubox/config directory

thanks again !

- - - Updated - - -

ipk installed oscam files copied and box is now just rebooting :)

i can now view the open web with port 8888 not that it makes any sense to me :O !

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!