[TUTORIAL] Setting Up Series Link Recordings from TVHeadend WebUI

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 1,986 times. The last Post () by Prophet.

• OK first of all I want to quickly run through a very important setting within the DVR Configuration.

From the TVHeadend Web GUI click on 'Configuration' and then click 'Recording'

On the right hand side of the screen are a number of options relating to your DVR config. Some potentially useful ones are the option to add extra recording times before and after a recording. This may be useful if you find your series link recordings consistently miss the beginning or end of a program each time it records. The settings here will affect every recording globally, although you can alter the settings for each recording or series link individually as well.
    The 'Recording System Path' is important as this is where you tell TVHeadend to store your recordings. You can enter an NFS Mount Point here or if you are using an external USB hard drive you can enter the mount point for that here. If you are using an NFS Mount Point you probably already know what to enter here. If you are using a USB hard drive and you don't know what it's Mount Point is, have a look HERE for a way to find out

OK, the other vitally important option on this screen is 'Remove All Unsafe Characters From Filename:'
    You MUST select this option. I have found certain things fail to record without this option ticked
    74cec88d0.jpg

Everything else is pretty much optional for however you want it set. I would however leave the File Permissions and Directory Permissions as they are.

Once you are finished here, click the Save button near-ish the top left of the screen.

Now click the 'Electronic Program Guide' tab (This assumes that you have correctly configured the EPG Grabber, if you haven't then no programs will show up here. If you need help getting the EPG Grabber working then please have a read through MY OTHER GUIDE.
    In the 'Search title...' box type whatever program you want to Series Link.
    You should be presented with a list of all instances found for your search.
    (Click Image for larger version)
    fcf77770bb.jpg
    Find the relevant program from the list that you want to Series Link (make sure it's the correct channel and has the correct start time etc) and then click on it.
    On the next box that appears you simply have to click on 'Record Series' and that's it, job done
    1cd3caf700ad5588e1160.jpg

Edited once, last by jim1985 ().

• master G

Added the Label Article

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!