Fano's Backup of Hyperion 4.5 for the Alien 2

There are 41 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 17,135 times. The last Post () by pauldb.

• Ok guys here is a copy of a Hyperion 4.5 backup I made for the Alien 2 aka Golden Media Triplex aka Sab Triple

I've included a few mods and tweaks in this image to improve performance over the basic Hyperion 4.5 build.

Firstly it has the amixer audio boost script running so the audio levels are 60% louder than the stock Hyperion image and more like Spark and other receiver levels.
    Also included is the alternative audio.elf file by Muitler to improve sound playback via an amp .
    This doesnt provide DTS audio playback so I am enclosing the original audio.elf file too (it goes in /boot)

Improved tuxtext.ttf file for a better teletext font.

History Zap Selector v1.8 is included ,handy for channel browsing .(Prev/Next Button or Recall)
    Use 0 to switch between 2 channels.

Record Infobar is also included

I have also tweaked a few of the button mapping configurations and settings .

It is configured for 28 East Satellite and Saorview (Irish terrestrial tv),all picons are installed (usr/local/share/enigma2 ) as is an up to date channel list inc some Iptv links.
    An upto date satellites.xml file covering 30w to 45e is also installed.

Autobouquets (Sept 29 2014 build) is installed if you'd prefer to use this to generate channel lists,its configured for the Republic of Ireland but its easy to change..

Installed Plugins

AutoTimer
    Autobouquets
    Automatic Volume Adjustment
    CacheFlush
    CrossEPG 0.8.1
    ( configured to update when the box is in standby )
    CoolTVGuide v7.3 (opens on EPG,Green button also opens Single EPG)
    RTE Player
    1channel (latest version;wont work in certain countries due to isp blocking)
    IPTV List Updater v1.63
    Enhanced Movie Centre
    Media Portal v6.76
    Media Player
    History Zap Browser
    Open Web Interface

Softcam
    Oscam v10000 is installed and running,you just need to edit the oscam.server file with your details
    Oscam port: 8888 user: root, pass: oscam

FTP: user:root ,pass:pkteam

I've set the default skin as PLi-HD but there are a few other skins to try inc Sly Blue HD ,if you'd prefer.
    Plenty of free flash space to install other plugins .
    I tried to keep an average free memory of ~15Mb in normal usage so didnt install too many superfluous plugins.

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for HDMI at 720p.

This is an extremely solid image and very quick ,I have been running it for the last 2 months .
    Many thanks to the PKT team,data devil, and other plugin developers who have put in sterling work with the different code involved in this backup.
    Enjoy

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ajk…351j_yPbIlSkcvtQICQa?dl=0

Some sample screenshots

• Hi Fano, i'm using your alien 1 back up without a problem m8, but this alien 2 back up will not load, it gets to the hyperion 4.5 splash image and stays there, the box sits there with load 0 and doesn't move.
    Could it be that this back up of yours is set up for the triple tuners and my alien 2 has just the 2 sat tuners, very puzzling.
    Flashed from spark using the enigma 2 upgrade plugin.

• The vfd display working properly?

Should be yes .
    If not you can try the vfd display addon on the download server.

is it will work directly to scart or with hdmi

Its setup to work off hdmi @720p but it can be changed to scart if you so choose.

Hi Fano, i'm using your alien 1 back up without a problem m8, but this alien 2 back up will not load, it gets to the hyperion 4.5 splash image and stays there, the box sits there with load 0 and doesn't move.
    Could it be that this back up of yours is set up for the triple tuners and my alien 2 has just the 2 sat tuners, very puzzling.
    Flashed from spark using the enigma 2 upgrade plugin.

I dont think it being a twin tuner should make any difference to be honest .
    Did you try reflashing it ?

• Tried 3 times m8, even downloaded again in case the file was corrupt and tried a different usb stick.
    Strange this one m8!:67:

- - - Updated - - -

Hiya m8, just tried another twice with different sticks in the front and rear usb ports, still no joy.
    I'm guessing but i bet your back up doesn't like dual tuner boxes, time to try something different i think.
    Cheers sleepy.

• its not the back up its the boxes , some have a nasty habit of not taking backups of a largish size,its a nand thing/bad blocks
    original images are fine,its nothing to do with a twin or triple

Thanks for the heads up Paul, i thought i was losing my mind.:58_002:

Edited once, last by sleepy ().

• the front display and audio working fine for me, thanks so much! however it is only luck getting me through this and i have a very n00b question for you.
    Where do i go to get skins as i had one on H4 i liked. Was like a alien red skin. And how do i go about installing it :)

• Tried 3 times m8, even downloaded again in case the file was corrupt and tried a different usb stick.
    Strange this one m8!:67:

- - - Updated - - -

Hiya m8, just tried another twice with different sticks in the front and rear usb ports, still no joy.
    I'm guessing but i bet your back up doesn't like dual tuner boxes, time to try something different i think.
    Cheers sleepy.

I know it is a little late, but here is a repacked version which should install better.

• Image Updated

I updated the image this morning to bring it more up to date .

Firmware was updated from SVN 3087 to 3129 via blue panel

Added
    Rats Channel Updater
    Rats Picon Updater

Updated satellites.xml file
    Updated channel list and picons
    Switched fron Service Referenced picons to Service named picons and updated picon renderer file to display Service Named Picons
    Updated Mediaportal

I also switched the video.elf file to that of HDMU so as to improve the picture quality

Plus a few other small tweaks

• Here is the repacked image.

(sorry I have not had time to test it yet, but will later tonight if no one else reports it is okay before then)

BTW - I noticed it has the original pti.ko. Is this version working ok with multiple tuner use? I will also test this tonight...

• Here is the repacked image.

(sorry I have not had time to test it yet, but will later tonight if no one else reports it is okay before then)

BTW - I noticed it has the original pti.ko. Is this version working ok with multiple tuner use? I will also test this tonight...

Cheers Joe,many thanks :welldone:

It works fine with multiple tuner use,I don't think this was ever an issue with Hyperion images ,only other images like HDMU and Openatv.

• Have installed but cannot get oscam to work, have tried it several times over the past couple of months but same problem. I checked ecm info in the Process section but it says that it cant open tmp/ecm,info, no such file or directory. Im emu manager it says that Oscam is not installed. Used an earlier one of yours and loved it so really want to use this updated version. Any help would be great, cheers.

• Hi, yeah tried several oscams installed through plugins but same result, everything seems fine but ultimately the $$ channnels dont clear. have used both of the oscams you suggested on previous images and no problem. Thanks for reply.

Spark STI 7162 Images

Download Enigma2 Images and Spark Firmware for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!