DM800 SR4 Bricked

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 893 times. The last Post () by 557953.

• Hi people,

Ok so I bought a DM800 HD SE SR4, received it yesterday, plugged all in and it started up fine, did a stupid thing as first thing i did was hit update and it asked me to reboot and now I just get Greenscreen, really annoyed with myself tbh. I can still get the box IP from the front display so I dont have the dreaded "no CA found" problem just need to get it up and running again.

Anyway I have found this thread on the forum,

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=6250

which helps a great deal to knowing hopefully how to solve the issue, however, the downloads are now inactive so I cannot grab the files, Im hoping someone can share some fresh links as I'm sure there will be plenty of people that need them.
    Also while I'm writing, are the Images (that were) in that thread the only ones suitable for recovering the box? Or can I recover it with another Image from the correct 800 HD SE Clone section quite fancied giving another IMG a shot if I can.

Would like to give big thanks to anyone who can provide DL links for the files or give any advice on the situation.

Best Regards

• Hey, thanks very much that was really helpful of you. Ok so just to confirm I get this right (I'm not an advanced user on this box have only had it 24hours and look whats happened lol)
    Type the box IP in browser,
    flash the Black Hole IMG you linked to,
    Do Not reboot the box,
    Press back until I see "load bootloader",
    And then flash the file you attached to your post.

All of this is done in the browser window on PC, and after loading the "Secondstage" file then I'll need to reboot I assume, and it will boot into Blackhole?

Best Regards

• Official Post

no need for above as you can use your browser just type your box ip use this image after do not reboot go back page & load bootloader secondstage-dm800se-84

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=78453

The image you linked is for sim 2.10, but i assume he has a DM800SE Sunray4 ?

If so you must use these images or you will brick the receiver again DM800SE Sunray4/SR4 sim2.10 Images

DM800 Flashing firmware by Browser

Flash the image > Don`t reboot yet > Open up another browser window then flash the bootloader that is compatible with the image > Now reboot the receiver.

This procedure can also be done with Dreambox Optiflasher

DM800se sim2 84d bootloader

• Hey, thanks I will give it a go when I get home tomorrow, honestly Im not even 100 exactly sure what box I have myself, it wasn't described very well in the add and I had no idea there were different types of Clone. It has the "Mini Flash Up" button on the back if that helps???
    Just wanna chose a nice stable IMG now to get myself up and running and will play about when am a bit more comfortable with the box.

- - - Updated - - -

And also, I should mention is a Single DVB-C Tuner.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!