Blank Screen and unresponsive................. Sometimes

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,209 times. The last Post () by jim1985.

• So there's a small problem I've come across with my WeTek running OpenELEC.

Sometimes I'll switch my TV on, lets say first thing in the morning and switch to the HDMI channel that the WeTek is plugged in to but the screen is just blank. The TV knows something is still plugged in to it because it doesn't give me a 'No Signal' message on that channel, the screen is just simply blank.
    Pressing any buttons on the WeTek remote doesn't help at all.
    To, possibly, add to the confusion, when this happens I am still able to access the WeTek via a web browser (TVHeadend Web GUI) as well as via SSH. Any scheduled recordings also appear to record fine. This happened yesterday evening whilst a recording was scheduled to happen and I was able to login to the TVHeadend Web GUI and watch the recording file size increasing accordingly.

Yesterday I switched off the HDMI-CEC function of my TV to see if this solved the problem but today the same thing happened.

I was originally running OpenELEC from a MicroSD card. When I noticed this problem happening a couple of times I installed OpenELEC to the WeTek NAND to see if it solved the problem, unfortunately it hasn't solved it.

I have now tried disabling the OpenELEC screensaver option (which was set to Dim after 3 minutes). I've only just made this change so I don't know if it's solved the problem or not but to be honest I can't see that it will do.

It seems as though something is going to sleep in the WeTek and not waking back up but I don't know what.

It may also be worth mentioning that occasionally the screen will go blank for a couple of seconds whilst we're in the middle of watching something but then it does come back again.

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to sort this? Or has anyone else experienced this?

• Hi jim to me happened once with LG TV in combination with HDMI-CEC, but most important is if you can get log's with commands:

cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.old.log | pastebinit

cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | pastebinit

also dmesg is important, so we can ask them too at official forum. Are you using the hdmi cable which come with device?

- - - Updated - - -

I posted it here jim

http://www.wetekforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=639

• Hi mate

Thanks for the reply.

I went out a few minutes after posting this topic, the WeTek was working fine up to that point. I've just got back in and it had crashed again, blank screen although this time it wasn't even accessible via web browser or ssh, I had to pull the power out and plug it back in again.
    For what it's worth I'm also using an LG TV, there is also an LG HDMI AV Receiver sitting between the WeTek and the TV.

I'm not using the HDMI cable that came with the device. I'm using the same one I used with my Vu Duo for a couple of years with no problems

cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.old.log | pastebinit

http://sprunge.us/RDij

cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | pastebinit

http://sprunge.us/NCAX

dmesg output:

http://sprunge.us/ZGPc

Do you want to update the thread you created about this on the WeTek forums? Or would you like me to register on there and post it myself?

- - - Updated - - -

I've got a sneaky suspicion that this is still somehow related to a CEC issue. Seeing as how I've disabled CEC from my TV and that hasn't helped, I've discovered how to also switch it off within OpenELEC.

Connect via SSH and issue this command:

Code
    echo "0" > /sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/cec_config

I'll see how I get on now and let you all know

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, left TV and AV Receiver switched off for half an hour. Switched them both back on and I've just got the blank screen again. WeTek has completely crashed again as well, can't access it at all. The remote doesn't even work, can't turn it off any other way other than pulling the power plug out

• I have posted in your thread on the WeTek forums as well now, just waiting for my post on there to be authorised by a moderator.

I'll post in here if I hear anything back from them, or indeed if I manage to sort the issue myself in the mean time.

Thanks again for your assistance

- - - Updated - - -

I checked my CEC settings on the TV again last night before I went to bed and there was a second setting relating to CEC that was still switched on, so I switched it off.

Woke up this morning and switched on the TV, and the WeTek was there ready and waiting for me to use it, it hadn't crashed or anything. Hopefully this has finally sorted the problem :)

- - - Updated - - -

Problem still seems to be present.

Just been on my PS4 for about an hour so switched AV Receiver input to HDMI 2. Switched back to HDMI 1 to do something on the WeTek and was met with a blank screen again. Also the WeTek had completely frozen up again.

Back to the drawing board on this one I guess

- - - Updated - - -

OK, so I've had a reply back on the WeTek Forums from the admin. Apparently they are working on a fix for a bug in the HDMI driver that may well be causing this problem.

They'll have it ready ASAP. I'll post back here when I hear more

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!