CS Studio - FAKE flag

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,008 times. The last Post () by master G.

• I've been reading through the CS Studio source code to work out exactly how it can determine if a Server/Client pair should be flagged up as FAKE or not.

If you look at the 'Pairs' page of CS Studio you'll see the 'Fake' column.

I thought this was a clever way of determining if a local card was fake or not by detecting the 256 trick, but in fact all its doing is checking the cccam version number of the paired client and server and seeing if they match.
    If a different version is detected, then it's flagged as FAKE!

I'm not quite sure why this scenario is deemed as a fake server as I have a couple that are 2.1.3 on client but 2.1.4 on server which is quite acceptable if a seperate Debian server is used.

So basically, please take the Fake report with a pinch of salt, and more investigation is needed before determining someone is in fact a fake.

Daz

• Totally agree. My "best" peer shows up as fake...not TRUE...Can't trust this part of the program. Otherwise it's great.

VuDuo2 - OpenBlackhole, VuSolo2, DM500HDv2, OpenelecBox, DM600, ---------------------------------------------
    0.8/4.8/7.0/13.0/16.0/19.2/23.5/28.2

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!