Streaming TV over the network to multiple Kodi installs

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,086 times. The last Post () by jim1985.

• The potential of this device is amazing, and my first project after getting to grips with the thing was to get it to stream around my house. After setting up Tvheadend backend, all that is needed really is fixing the IP address of the WeTek by going to System - OpenELEC- Connections, then click on the connection, then Edit and change IPv4 IP Address Method to manual. It can also be set to static in your router.

By this stage, you would know that the backend is working by being able to log in to it, and use it on localhost Tvheadend client.

Here is the magic of it all - on any device where Kodi is installed (PC, Raspberry Pi, or another WeTek or similar) on your local network, just enable 'Live TV' in your Kodi settings, and enable Tvheadend HTSP Client (the option to do this should pop up automatically on enabling Live TV), and change the 'Tvheadend hostname or IP address from 127.0.0.1 to whatever the IP address is set to on the backend machine. Of course by signing up to a dynamic DNS service and forwarding a couple of ports on your router to the backend, you could easily access your tuner on the go provided you have a connection that can handle it!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Thanks for this info
    It Will be fantastic if it Will be possible to view 2 different channel . i know wetek play have dual dvb-s tuner but i dont know if it is possible to do that
    Maybe you know ?

• Has anyone had success doing this?

I have set it up on a Rasp Pi and it loads channels and EPG, however when I select the channel I want it only plays audio, no video...

I am guessing it will be something to do with the settings in the TVHeadend, but no idea where to begin.

All help welcomed pls.

• Hi I use this really simple setup.
    But I have a problem with the image when objects or people moves the image cuts in little lines but just when the object is moving. Does anyone have this problem?

• master G

Added the Label Article

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!