How do you put a new channel list into Alien 2 running enigma

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,850 times. The last Post () by pauldb.

• Hi guys, I have just got the Alien 2 plus box and running the vix4 image on the enigma side of things, I have found a channel list for 28.2 E by Catseye and downloaded this and put it on a usb stick but I can't find any instructions on how to put it on the box, when I put the usb stick in the front usb port it comes back with a ''no displayable files found on this media''. Don't know what to do next, I have had a look round various forums but can't find the instructions required.

Thanks in advance

• Thanks Master g, I put that ipk file on a usb stick and inserted it it the front usb port and it recognised the file and asked me if I wanted to install it and a few clicks later I have my new channel list loaded - simples - thanks again.

• vix4 vix4, why oh why have you got that pile of rubbish on ,why didnt you ask the image makers lava??, oh i forgot you cant ask them,

vix4 for the alien2 is a bast***ise version of vix that aint endorsed by vix ,lava trying to sell alien2 boxes with the promise if vix on them. not on enough said

• Personnally i've not had any problems with the VIX4 image- and it's nice to have the choice of what to put on. As for the channel list, especially 28.2 you're probably best off using autobouquet maker, it's built in to the image and you can set it to run automatically so it will always keep your channel list up to date. As for it being a way of selling boxes- that's what all the images are for, including OpenVIX so i don't really see your point.

There's a video here showing how to set up auto bouquet maker here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbGmQZUt9OM

• Well yes I have a problem vix4 from lavatronics ,its not vix ,or supported by them,why is it not called openlava then,the only reason is to misrepresent vix as image makers,
    All image makers have a website you can comment on the image ,you can't do that on lavatronics, oh and the video is a link done by lavatronics as well,

• ...so they have a video supporting their image? isn't that a bit contradictory?
    Anyway, not trying to start flaming or anything, I'm not that familiar with the origin of the image- just making the point that i'm happy to see images for the receivers, where ever they come from (as long as I don't get charged for them -lol) as the more choice you have the more likely you are to find an image that works for you.

I'd like to see every seller/retailer having images available- then we'd have a massive choice of images.

• The vix4 image is banned from most forums for the reason of pretending to be vix,that's all,vix don't and never will do images for the alien 2 period, but lava put an image out and expect other forums to fix there image
    Go on there support site and try and comment about the image,you can't ,is that right from a image maker

• I'm not in to the politics behind it or the usual scene drama's- I just want software that works, and from what I've experienced with the VIX4 image it does seem to work.

Is there anything specifically you've found not to work on it? (interested because I've put a few family/friends on this image- and I can't be doing with phone calls if there are any problems)

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!