help reqd.setting up avalon

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 690 times. The last Post () by backstorn.

• Hi. I have set up avalon on vu uno with b/hole 2.1.2 as my internal flash was full . I am using a 17 gb usb. Whilst setting up avalon i allocated 1000mb to avalon, which obiously was not enough as my ram is now at 87% and my flash is now 0%. Great news for flash but not for ram. Any advice on how much to save to avalon or should i allocate all to avalon?. Should i save my full back up in software manager?

- - - Updated - - -

All ok now. Ram at 54% : flash at 0%.

• Hi. Read your posts cazuela with interest.Prior to posting my first thread i read your thread dated 25/2/13 which i followed. My first mistake was only allocating 1000mb which was not enough as everything was allocated to avalon so i altered it to 7000mb which allowed avalon to save everything. Second mistake was not to allocate anything sdb2 . Can i still allocate to sdb2 without starting all over again. I did not need to use back up as all went back to normal on reboot. At the moment ram is on 54% and flash is on 0% wich is more than enough for my needs. The remaining 8000mb which i have not allocated i can obviously use when needed. My question is, what can use my second partition for . I also have a 1 tb hdd installed. The size of my usb stick is actually 15.649 mb.

• Cheers mate for all information regarding avalon which you posted. I would not have a clue where to start without picking your brains.

• My main problem now is whilst in avalon i am unable to map my hdd . Ihave tried mapping it to media/hdd to no sucess which means i have 1tb hdd unusable. Do i need to remove usb and reset avalon?

• Up and running again .Installed fresh image as cazuela suggested. Re formatted usb with 3 partitions as follows : sdb1 universe : sdb2 media/usb : sdb3 media/downloads and HDD sda1 media/hdd. All mounted ok.My question now is , should i have created 3 partitions for usb as i have both usb and hdd down as media. My ram is at 74% and flash at 1% at the moment . It looks to me that my initial problem of HDD not mounting was due to not including HDD when i formatted usb.

• Prior to installing new image is it possible to save back up. Do i need to reformat usb stick.If so all my data will be lost, as i will have to remove usb stick to reflash. Where can i save back up?.Do i need to save full back up or personal back up.? If i save toHDD will i lose back up on reflashing?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!