Which box? Twin DVB T2/C + XBMC Support - DVB S/S2 optional

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,651 times. The last Post () by digi247.

• Looking for some suggestions on which box to go for.

I'm currently on a Vu+ Duo with Sly freeview but want to move over to Virmin for better HD channel support.

So any box I get needs to have twin cable tuners, with sat tuner(s) optional, and also support for XBMC so I can also stick Kodi on there.

Budget is around £200-£250.

Was considering the Mut@nt, but it's just too pricey when you start adding twin cable tuners.

What would you recommend?

• I have RPi2 and WeTek Play. WeTek Play is very cheap and have Hybrid Tuner (DVB-C/T/T2) for fair price and great support.

http://kodi.wiki/view/WeTek_Play

It can run Android + Kodi or OpenELEC (Linux Kodi) with official support.

DVB on OpenELEC is covered by VDR and tvheadend, so You can choose between one of them. TVHeadend support Series Link which work fantastic, picons, even now Enigma 2 settings (channel lists) can be converted with tool made by WeTek.

At Android you can use WeTek Theater (DVB App), works with OSCam, Netflix, Hulu, Kodi etc...

For your budget you can take WeTek Play and excellent NAS such as WD MyCloud 2 TB and enjoy full multimedia :)

They also work on Enigma 2 support, based on videos and thread at their forum, so this boxes can run Android, OpenELEC, Ubuntu, and Enigma 2 to follow

Edited once, last by xbmcflix ().

• just get the mutant with 2 x cable tuners? it has 4 pluggable tuner slots so you can start off with whichever config you want.

i have 2 dvb-s2 and 2 dvb-c in mine, works a treat.

XBMC/E2 as a standalone os will be available for the mutant soon.

Mutant HD2400, Hades, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c
    Xtrend ET8500, Hades, 1xdvb-s2, 1xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE, Hades, 1xdvb-s2 (out of action atm)
    Vu+ Zero, Hades, 1xdvb-s2
    Fixed 28.2e + 1mtr Orbital, Dark Motor, Inverto LNB

• Hmm hadn't even thought about a WeTek. What's it like for Live TV and EPG's etc? Does it only support one hybrid tuner?

- - - Updated - - -

just get the mutant with 2 x cable tuners? it has 4 pluggable tuner slots so you can start off with whichever config you want.

i have 2 dvb-s2 and 2 dvb-c in mine, works a treat.

XBMC/E2 as a standalone os will be available for the mutant soon.

Yeah just seen I can get one with 2 dvb-c for £279.

Also looking at the Miraclebox Premium Ultra, the GigaBlue HD Quad and the Technomate TM Nano 3T which would leave budget to buy another dvb-c tuner, are there any other options?

I've always been Vu+ so I'm keen to get feedback from people with experience of each before I take the plunge.

• Yeah, one tuner is supported, just in DVB-S2 version of tuner is 2 x DVB-S2 on one Plug and Play board. So far is good for Live TV, and EPG especially for Sly UK, FreeSat and FreeView is working good as tvheadend have additional EPG grabbers for those.

• on a duo2, there is only 2 tuner slots, so once you put them 2 cable tuners in, thats it, youd have to use usb tuners to add extra ones.
    there is apprantly a twin cable tuner coming, but who knows when. vu announced it last year sometime.

Mutant HD2400, Hades, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c
    Xtrend ET8500, Hades, 1xdvb-s2, 1xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE, Hades, 1xdvb-s2 (out of action atm)
    Vu+ Zero, Hades, 1xdvb-s2
    Fixed 28.2e + 1mtr Orbital, Dark Motor, Inverto LNB

• on a duo2, there is only 2 tuner slots, so once you put them 2 cable tuners in, thats it, youd have to use usb tuners to add extra ones.
    there is apprantly a twin cable tuner coming, but who knows when. vu announced it last year sometime.

Yeah that's why I'm not going for the Duo2 even though I'd have liked to have stuck with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone have any thoughts on the Miraclebox or Gigablue?

• I have the Gigablue Quad+ and cant fault it just a shame its not 4 x Pluggable tuners but i needed 3 x Sat tuners and 1 x DVB-C/T anyway and for the price once fully specced up to all tuners works out around £40 cheaper than the mutant

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!