Kodi on Wetek or openelec ?

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,154 times. The last Post () by cymbal.

• AS both are available what are the advantages of using Linux Openelec Kodi on SD over the Wetek
    Android version?

Only thing obvious to me is the small memory use of Linux..

Easier for me on android to set up VPN ithan to configure on openelec!

SignM

• Kodi on android has no tvheadend (at the moment) openelec does.

I think most people prefer openelec for this reason, if they can get tvheadend working with android or even improve wetek theater add a channel editor etc, android side might will be more appealing to the satellite world?

Would be good to get everyone's 2cent on this :thumb:

• number of times i lost wetek theater i had start all over again, know i use openelec with tvheadend,the whole thing still in development from all side we have to be patient in meantime those of you who have no need for wetek can use it as server stable as anything i used before, i have one for myself the kids have in there bedroom i`m not even allowed in there bedroom to take it off them with apps & games they set on it

• I use mine for dvb-t and IPTV so find the android side best for my needs, I have hulu plus, a m3u 28e channel list running on wetek cloud thing, netflix, plex, premier league pass, kodi with all the repos I use, games, email and web browser.

Over the next few months I think we will see alot more from both android and openElec, word of boot options, channel editors, theater upgrades are keeping me interested.

Wetek are always looking for customer feedback to help improve their product, if you have any ideas or suggestions you can contact them @ http://www.wetekforums.com/viewforum.php?f=22

• Kodi on android has no tvheadend (at the moment) openelec does.

I think most people prefer openelec for this reason, if they can get tvheadend working with android or even improve wetek theater add a channel editor etc, android side might will be more appealing to the satellite world?

Would be good to get everyone's 2cent on this :thumb:

There is DreamSet comming for Wetek Play :D

Also there is Cyanogen Mod 12 (Android 5.0.2) with tvheadend for Wetek Play. I tested it once and was working ok, you can try it

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!