OpenELEC 5.0.7

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,402 times. The last Post () by jim1985.

• WeTek team is proud to announce the next stable release of OpenELEC for WeTek Play - OpenELEC 5.0.7.

New in this release:
    - Fixed the no signal on HDMI issues (thanks to jim1985)
    - Fixed an issue when GUI is slow during a video playback
    - Other bug fixes and enhancements

To install OpenELEC to WeTek Play you don't need to overwrite your Android installation. Just write OpenELEC to an SD-card, and enjoy both of the worlds at the same time with dual boot.

Downloads

SD-card image for new installations:

OpenELEC 5.0.7 .img file for fresh installation on microSD card

To install, unzip the provided archive and use a tool, such as Win32DiskImager ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/) to create a bootable SD-card. Turn off your WeTek Play, insert the SD-card, turn on the box again and enjoy OpenELEC. If you want to boot Android, just turn off the box, eject SD-card, turn on the box again, and you'll see Android booting.

Or you can use WeTek OpenELEC Installer app, which will download latest OpenELEC release and burn it to MicroSD:

WeTek OpenELEC Installer application

For updating the existing SD-card installations (Do not use this for updating NAND installations!!!):

OpenELEC 5.0.7 .tar file for updating existing installation on microSD Card

BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE UPDATING!!!

You can read about how to update an existing OpenELEC installation at http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.…anually_Updating_OpenELEC

Now you can also install OpenELEC instead of Android into NAND memory.

Image for for new installations into NAND memory:

OpenELEC 5.0.7 .zip file for installation to NAND Flash

Just unpack the provided ZIP archive onto SD-card, insert it into the box, and enter recovery using toothpick. Installation should start automatically.

For updating the existing NAND installations (Do not use this for updating SD-card installations!!!):

OpenELEC 5.0.7 .tar file for update of existing installation in NAND Flash

BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE UPDATING!!!

Edited once, last by xbmcflix ().

• Hi guys,

what are you're first impressions of this version?

For now i add problems with xvdr and this version, it seems faulty, because i lost the menus in kodi's when enable xvdr!
    It seems to me that performance in vdr-vnsi is a bit compromised in 5.0.7....

• vnsi-xvdr addon is broken on all platforms, including raspberry pi, vnsi work on wetek and raspberry pi too.

It worked for me in 5.0.6!! I ahd even better performance than vdr-vnsi... :P
    But with 5.0.7 it crashes the kodi menu...

• It worked for me in 5.0.6!! I ahd even better performance than vdr-vnsi... :P
    But with 5.0.7 it crashes the kodi menu...

With every release of openelec generally is updated Kodi too, so addons can be broken and cause issues. Kodi is now to road to Isengard version 15.0 and on Kodi forum they says there will be a lot changes in PVR part, enhacements

• With every release of openelec generally is updated Kodi too, so addons can be broken and cause issues. Kodi is now to road to Isengard version 15.0 and on Kodi forum they says there will be a lot changes in PVR part, enhacements

Hi, i received info on the wetek forum, that openelec 5.0.8 has gone out, and to expect in few days a version of wetek, and one of the corrections is the update of the xvdr addon. :D

• OK just loaded this on and did the same as I did on 5.0.6 but god the channel changing is slow ,I'm using tvheadend, will have to investigate further

Try adding the following to your advancedsettings.xml file and then reboot your WeTek.

Code
    <pvr>
     <minvideocachelevel>0</minvideocachelevel>
     <minaudiocachelevel>0</minaudiocachelevel>
     <maxvideocachelevel>0</maxvideocachelevel>
     <maxaudiocachelevel>0</maxaudiocachelevel>
     <cacheindvdplayer>false</cacheindvdplayer>
     </pvr>

If you've not already got an advancedsettings.xml file then you can just create one in the following folder and add the above to it

Code
    .kodi/userdata/
  • master G

Added the Label WeTek OpenELEC

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!