Help skybox F5 has died

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 1,647 times. The last Post () by darius.

• can someone help me my F5s skybox died , so it gets a numero8 in the background very weak
    how can I solve already made and error recovery of so

Edited once, last by master G: translate and move post ().

• can someone help me my F5s skybox died , so it gets a numero8 in the background very weak
    how can I solve already made and error recovery of so

The SB.abs file from here in the download section fixed my problem of Booting to 093 then pausing then displaying E001.

The SB .abs I used is here:- Skybox F3 E001 Fix - Downloads - TechKings

I tried various firmwares using the RS232 method and this file sorted it in 10 minutes.....

If you only have a laptop, stick the files onto a flash drive and do it from a friends tower with RS232. It should be sorted as long its not a clone as barryboom mentions.

Google identifying the clone F5 Skybox, it is out there honest, I have seen the method and listings of IDs but it did not interest me at the time.

I am away for a week but on my return, if you still have no luck, I will hunt down that list and re-post here.

Good Luck.............

---------- Post Merged at 12:34 PM ----------

I borrowed this file from somewhere else and just tweaked it to my needs, in case of future use.....as days of messing about. this worked for me .

Hope it helps:-

==============================
    Hello everyone, I recently tried to upgrade the firmware on my f5 using the usb method but when it finished flashing the box would not boot up.
    It would load to 93 and come up with E001 error.

I've looked everywhere for a fix and tried so many firmwares and programs to bring my box back to life!

FINALLY after trying various .abs files and different programs , my skybox f5 is finally fully working!

The following is a step by step solution. You will need a RS232 null modem cable Female to Female D-Type 9 pin, ( Amazon £2.30 ish )
    and the following downloads: which I have collected into a folder as a complete solution.

*** eromupgrade In Folder
    *** firmware - Skybox F3 E001 Fix - SB.abs In Folder

Now you have whats required lets begin to fix your broken skybox f5!

01.extract the file erom_upgrade_8Mflash wherever you want and open the folder. Also extract the firmware file SB.abs ( Already DONE in Folder )
    02.Open the application EromUpgrade.exe
    03.Select the port your null modem cable is connected to. (if you dont know which port, open device manager on windows and scroll down to ports and here you will see something like COM1 for example)
    04.Select bitrate: 115200 and Parity: Even
    05.Select Operate Mode: Upgrade ( Tick ......include BootLoader )
    06.Now in File or browse from the box next to the loaction box, Click browse and select the extracted file SB.abs from the Folder
    07.Connect the null modem cable to your skybox, and Unplug the power supply from the F5 Box
    08.Click on NEXT and you should now see ......................."Please reset target."
    09.Connect the power supply to the F5 and the firmware will start downloading. If it hangs for few minutes you can cancel the download and start again. Keep trying till it gets to 100%.
    10.After it is downloaded click NEXT to burn the firmware.

( basically. the first Next loads the firmware into memory and the other NEXT Burns it or Flashs it to the Skybox. )

Once this is completed, press FINISH, and the Sky Box will Auto Boot Load, hopefully to L100 you should have your skybox back to life!

Hope this helps everyone with this issue.

---------- Post Merged at 12:51 PM ----------

My F5 is now in working order and back to the condition I received it in, when new,, Except that I have changed to AJs channel list as the TP.Prog channel list....Thank You AJ... Happy flashing Gents and Good luck.....Do not give up, I was at that stage and then I fixed it, it is Fixable.......

---------- Post Merged at 12:54 PM ----------

Read More at : http://www.techkings.org/skybo…2-null-modem-cable-4.html

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!