red card....broken???

There are 84 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 9,383 times. The last Post () by stevejo.

• Dont even attempt to add 2 cards to one box , skys system works the same as icoms on cable , all boxes and cards are paired on skys system and in an account belonging to you and there is no way they can do it to pair a new card you have to unpair the old one

• Just a little update on my experience with the Red card.

I attempted to pair my red card to my unpaired Sky+ box this morning, it failed and came back with error please contact Sly.

So I called Sly and asked them if they could pair my card, first of all they wanted to know why was I pairing a fairly new sky package to an old SD box, after giving them an false explanation the rep went onto say that they dont pair Sly HD boxes to old SD systems anymore and I would need a new HD box to pair my card too. ( Im guessing I was being fobbed off as I can still connect a white HD card to SD and what he meant was RED Sly Cards!)

After the call I went back to my box and repaired my white sly card successfully to the SD box.

It seems to me that its the RED cards that cant be paired to SD boxes but for now the whites still can. I put this down to the box serial number, the serial numbers on my 2 SD boxes are only 10 digits long, the pairing process requires 11 digits. I conclude that maybe red cards can only be paired to a 11 digital serial number as they should only be connected to HD boxes. White cards can still be paired with SD boxes as they were issues with SD boxes in mind.

Not sure how others have paired red cards but id love to know!

For me I think that is the final nail in the coffin when Sly replace all white cards with red and we will not be able to pair with SD anymore.

• they cannot force anyone to update there equipment end of really so how can they force swap out white cards they would be in breach of contract and open for sued to feck min 3K ;)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• It depends on how you handle the call and who you get on the other side dont phone up unless you are prepared properly and have rehearsed all eventualities and have a good understanding of how it all works , there are far too many theorists thinking if you call they will then know what you are paired to , they already know every box and card is paired ,its the type of box that determines the type of pairing ,Honcho the card at all times is not your it belongs to NDS hence you are supposed to return old cards , the only breach will be if they dont supply you what you pay for if you wish not to upgrade then it is you who is in breech as you are willingly stopping them being able to do this that is a foolish statement

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!