Slow internet speed due to Duo2?

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,260 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Hi All,

75Mbps Fibre from which my router syncs at 70Mbps

Installed image backup of DirtyDonki OpenATV 5

additional items installed are Kodi direct, MGcamd 1.38d.

i noticed my internet connection being really slow so i thought ill do some speed tests and ping test etc.

now with speed test i noticed I am only getting around 1-5Mbps - 10Mbps Download and upload 0.2Mbps or errors out. So i disconnected my duo2 network cable and behold my speeds back to normal 68Mbps download and 18-20Mbps Upload.

What could be causing the Duo2 to suck up all the bandwidth? or do i have faulty player? anyone else come across this?

This is happens regardless if the player is on or on standby and i have rebooted the router and also the Duo2 network adaptor and still the same issue.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Hi,

thanks for the reply. the answer to that would be NO as i have assigned a static IP address to the Duo2.

Nice high range

what background processes run on the box or is there anyway to view it on the box?

I might have to get wireshark and see whats happening.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Stop MGcamd 1.38d for openATV and started working fine, I have downloaded v1.37 and activated that and all is working fine now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!