input an extra line on VU+ box

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 777 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Is it possible to input another line on the same VU+ box, as a mate of mine wants to try another server but retain the one he has already?

• Thanks Master G for your reply.
    Now then, here's the problem!! hope you a a patient person because I'm totally new to this stuff. I have just about got used to the Technomate box, now I find it easy. But this VU stuff is totally alien.
    First of all is when I add lines to a TM box or backup anything or install new firmware, I don't need a PC of any kind but I have a strong feeling I need a PC to do stuff to the VU box?
    So is there a layman's explanation on how to install a new line without deleting the old one. I want to let my mate try the line I have before he forks out any dosh. This is why I need to make sure I don't delete the server he has now as I don't have any password for that. I just want to add the server I use so he can do a test as it's called. I also don't know how to use the software that I need to install the new line, again on the TM box I can enter this manually with the remote control but apparently this can't be don on the VU box can it?
    I hope you can walk me through this all I want to do is add a line and that's it. If I had my own VU box it wouldn't be so bad if I made mistakes but someone else's is different. And I take it by your reply that if I upload to my mates box, a new server it won't over right the one he has on there now?

I want to let my mate try the line I have before he forks out any dosh.

This is why I need to make sure I don't delete the server he has now as I don't have any password for that. I just want to add the server I use so he can do a test as it's called.

A few things buddy and please forgive me if it comes across as direct.
    You´ve been registered since June 2014, best part of a year,,so start reading..
    What you are on about sounds like payserver test lines which you should have read the rules about.
    Why doesn´t your mate come on and try these things out for himself??
    You havent mentioned which vu+ box nor image being used
    To communicate with any e2 image box you need to be able to FTP + Telnet.
    you will find that DreamBox Control Centre aka DCC is an all-in-one tool choice .
    Setting DCC up then FTP to /etc/CCcam.cfg and you add as many lines as you choose there.
    read these threads:
    I'm a noob at CCcam help?
    Getting Started - Flines & Clines For Beginners

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!