a little help please

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,737 times. The last Post () by murgy.

• ive a 80cm motorised dish with 28e as the main lnb then 19e and 13e, vu duo running vix 163.

it all works fine through a diseqc switch apart from one thing when i move the dish say to 23e not on the switch it works perfect but then when i select a channel on 28e again the dish will not move back unless i change 28e to another sat in tuner config then the motor kicks back in. i can also watch and record a diff channel no probs.
    i,m thinking must be somthing to do with the motor setting as i have the same set up on a fixed dish and its working perfect

i have my cable for tuner A running straight to the motor and tuner B to the switch then from the switch to 28 19 13

my tuner config for tuner A is advanced and all the sats set up as norm
    my tuner config for B is
    Simple
    mode diseqc a/b/c/d
    port A 28e
    port b 19e
    port c 13e
    port d nothing connected
    voltage 22khz yes
    send diseqc on sat change yes

• The box that drives the dish should use 2 ports of the main lnb 1st tuner usuals and second tuner second cable of the first tuner as normal forgetting the diseqc then all other boxes can be set up with the switch when the dish is parked at 28e or try making the box with this config prefered tuner not auto but tuner A or B depends what you want to have priority

• It seems there is no simple solution to your dilemma. If I understand your configuration correctly, you have a single motorized dish with the main being a twin lnb with one output connected to the motor, then to your tuner A. The second output and a second and third lnb connected through a switch to tuner B? After you tune to something on 23, the dish has moved, but when you then try to tune to something on 28, the "logic" of enigma is that tuner A is on 23 and 28 is available on tuner B, so it tries to use tuner B, which of course does not work because it is now also pointed at 23.

If you make tuner A preferred, then if you try to tune something from sats 19 or 13, it will use tuner A and move the dish, which will limit you to that one sat. (All lnbs for tuner B will be pointed at wrong sats relative to your config.)

If you make tuner B preferred, then when you tune something from 28, it will use tuner B, which will basically create the same situation you currently have.

A few possible workarounds:

Change setup so tuner A is "positioner, selecting satellites" then select all sats you watch except 19 and 13 (do not delete!) Then set preferred tuner to tuner A. Only downside is you won't be able to watch/record two things on 19 and or 13 at the same time - maybe not a big deal for you??

If you do not record often from 19 or 13, you can try setting the preferred tuner to auto and set preferred recording tuner to tuner A. Then if the sat is "stuck" at 23, if you try to record something to on 28, it "should" try to use tuner A and move the dish back to 28. Downside is if you record from 19 or 13 it will move the dish, making 28 unusable until the recording finishes. One workaround for this is to always start a recording on 28 just before recording something on 19 or 13 - this will lock the dish on 28 and force the recordings for 19 and 13 to use tuner B. After the recording on 19/13 starts, the recording on 28 can be stopped, freeing up the dish.

If you leave your setup as is, when "stuck" on 23, choose a channel on 28 and start an instant recording, then immediately choose another channel on 28. This "should" lock tuner B for recording on 28 and force the second 28 channel to use tuner A, causing the dish to move back to 28.

There may be a way to use the advanced setup on tuner B, but I can't think of one off the top of my head....

Edited once, last by joeuser ().

• Official Post

Based on the statement that moving the dish to 23.5 allows him to still use 28.2 and record correctly, I'm deducing he has two dishes. I hope OP can clarify.

The default is for Enigma2 to use the tuner that has least services available first. i'e leave you more options available. Enigma2 cannot juggle tuners once it has started using one.

If I have assumed the OP's setup correctly, if he zaps to 13, 19 or 28, the diseqc setup will be used first. This is so he can still use the motorised dish should he wish to use a channel not on 13,19 or 28. This is normal behaviour.

If he has free ports on the other LNBs he can improve his setup by combining the motor with another diseqc switch.

• Semi sorted, tuner A set to usals tuner b set to diseqc so I can swap between 28 19 13 without dish moving, if I want to use a sat say 23e then I change tuner b to second cable of motor

- - - Updated - - -

This was resolved this morning when Monkified woke up sober :laugh:

Cheers Steve :goodpost1:

• yer still same only thing i have done fresh emage n skin on carnt use uals with right details i always ued used usals strange reson nowt any other box works treat even bought dual turner from this forum sponser

- - - Updated - - -

mange get sats back sky news 1west
    is %75 arrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggg

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!