Trouble with 16E (15.8)

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 814 times. The last Post () by longstack.

• Trouble with 16E (15.8)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am having trouble with 16E. At the start of the week I lost signal on most of the channels. At first I thought it was due to the gales we had here . Now Im not to sure. I have checked the set up and all seems well on all other Sats that I can recieve. Good signal on them all but 16 E. I have a Spider 9000 and a VU+ solo and a Techmate 5400 and its the same on all the Recievers. Dish 1.5 with darkmotor. Before this trouble I was getting about 65. 40 Signal strengh on 16E. now Nothing. I know that where I live Ex West Wales that I was out side the footpint of a lot of the channels. Was wondering if with the New Satellite comming on stream, I am now having the same problem with lots more of the channels.. Anyone else having problems ?

• I have seen other people complaining in the past week about there signal dropping alright, I must check mine later..

I hope its not a reduction in power in transmission :(

• When is the new satellite meant to be started?
    Maybe it's part of the switch over.

I always used to have to tweak the dish left/right slightly in the box setup to get a signal on 15,8/16e compared to other sats. I think this was down to the old failing satellite that is being replaced.

• Looks as if it could be the Old Satellite failing and signal quality falling.. I would notice it where I live as Im right on the edge of the footprint for most of the channels and out of the footprint for quite a few.. Hope the New Bird will improve the situation and give a bigger footprint.. I can but hope.. Im fed up of messing with the dish trying to improve what it looks as if I cant Get !!!!!!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!