zgemma star 2s booting problem

There are 50 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 21,102 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• hi anyone offer support for zgemma star 2s? i just got on to see what its like, it came preinstalled with openatv. I didnt change the image all i did was update auto boutiques, changed the skin, downloaded cross epg, movie browser, file browser and my tube from plugins then restarted the box from the menu and now its stuck on boot. The box doesnt do anything just sitting there with a red light on and says boot...... help much appreciated

• hi m8 looks like you might have to reflash box with a differnt image i had sam problem with openatv on my zgemma h1 now using openvix hades

• anybody any ideas on what to do now. I tried to reflash the box with vix, on the front display panel it flickered between boot/flsh for about 20 mins. i thought it wasnt doing anything so i powered the box off. now when i turn the box on nothing happens at all. have i totally bricked the box or any ideas on how to fix it?? ps i have succussfully flashed the same image onto a different box so its not a usb problem or a bad flash file. did i get a dodgy box?

• Official Post

Okay, a few things.

Vix dose not support the box. The vix images are nothing more than badly patched xp1000 images.
    So my first advise would be stick to the official images by openATV, openDroid etc etc.

You could try reflash the bootloader and then some offical firmware

http://www.opena.tv/bootloader…er-zgemma-star-2s-h1.html

http://linuxsat-support.com/view.php?pg=openatv

Failing that you will need to connect it via a serial cable and check the boot log

• tried the bootloader followed by the openatv image with no luck. as to connecting a serial cable to check the boot log i wouldnt have a clue how to do that. when i power the box on all that happens is a red led goes on in the front panel, thats it, nothing on the tv and no message on the panel either saying boot or flsh. Nothing.

• Official Post

Okay first you need a TTL to RS232 Converter. (cheap on ebay)
    A PC or Laptop with a true rs232 connection, ( the usb type converters may work but untested by myself )
    Then connect up like this

Once you have done that let us know....

• Official Post

The idea is to find out what is happening with the boot process. Most of the issues with these boxes and refashing are caused by cheap usb sticks.

Only the rear usb port should be used
    use a genuine name brand usb stick. I have never had an issue with a genuine data traveller 8gb stick
    format it to fat32
    copy image to it
    place in rear usb port
    power on
    when boot is displayed press power button
    wait 10 minutes
    done should be displayed on the lcd display
    power off and remove usb stick
    power on...

If this dose not work.....
    place image on usb stick as above
    open up the zgemma folder
    rename the "noforce" file to "force"

This will force the box to flash without the need to press any button's
    place in rear usb port and power on
    wait 20 minutes
    power off
    remove usb stick

Let us know how you get on

• hi
    i have same problem only red led is lite up nothing els
    i have changed noforce to force and done as you said
    but nothing still stuck on red led any ideas ?

• i have the same issue and have now tried 3 different pen drives, tried changing to force and still nothing just this red light. is there anything else i can try?

• it works for me. thanks

• I have the same problem with an S2 it cant be flashed by usb as it does go even that far ! I am going to try te jtag connection unless anyone can
    suggest a viable alternative. Should i have to go the Jtag route what software is used in connection woth it ?

• i have a ZGemma s2 stuck on boot, i can get into the box via Network on Pc and able to ssh but it will only flash with a Kingstone 1gb stick,
    i have log from dmesg

ive tryed alsorts, and googled allsorts, im pretty clued up with linux and ssh commands, just wondering if anyone new a way of sorting it via ssh as flashing it not working,, all images have been originals aswell.

• Official Post

flash the bootloader first
    Then a openATV image.

The log reports a USB stick error, change the USB stick....

See here:

http://linuxsat-support.com/sh…Star-2S-amp-H1-Bootloader

• still nothing after flashing bootloader (from the link above) tryed low level formatting sandisk and kingstone sticks,, both of which are giving me the same result, i have full acsess to the box via ssh and files via network on Pc (FTP dont work) just wont boot Gui

• Official Post

still nothing after flashing bootloader (from the link above) tryed low level formatting sandisk and kingstone sticks,, both of which are giving me the same result, i have full acsess to the box via ssh and files via network on Pc (FTP dont work) just wont boot Gui

It was a 2 part part job mate, flash bootloader, it will onlt take a few seconds.
    then flash an openatv image from here:
    http://images.mynonpublic.com/…/index.php?open=zgemmas2s

The image flash can take up to 10 minutes

Also disconnect everything else other than usb stick and power cable when flashing.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!