well and truely bricked my wetek

There are 18 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,183 times. The last Post () by TH3-J0K3R.

• ok any help guys

have cm11 and cm12 and flashed ok a number of times on the wetek

went to put on the latest wetek play firmware and thats when i now have problems

can not flash any thing else now its as if the microsd reader is broke, cant even run openelec from sd card

try the recovery firmware and still nothing, all have have is the one blue light and the ethernet flashing

thanks

• can you try puting update files on USB and update that way ?

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• firstly do you both have a wetek?

i did try on usb but no joy i think it only works on microsd

as for ethernet im not sure if thats possible

off-course i have a WeTek , i suggested USB because i have exsperanced that when i have had a USB installed with some files on it by mistake in tried to get into reboot to recovery
    this has triggered soming in i ended up with failed update but WeTek was wiped off all data and was basically factory reset. this was defo via usb as i only had two usb in it no micro sd one in back in one in side , as for flashing via Ethernet i have not tried this tbh or seen a tutorial for it but ill investigate further

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• off-course i have a WeTek , i suggested USB because i have exsperanced that when i have had a USB installed with some files on it by mistake in tried to get into reboot to recovery
    this has triggered soming in i ended up with failed update but WeTek was wiped off all data and was basically factory reset. this was defo via usb as i only had two usb in it no micro sd one in back in one in side , as for flashing via Ethernet i have not tried this tbh or seen a tutorial for it but ill investigate further

thanks for that this sounds like the same problem but i only had the microsd card in, so are you saying try and put the recovery on usb and see if that works?

- - - Updated - - -

ok just put recovery on usb and tries all 3 ports,still nothing

• thanks for that this sounds like the same problem but i only had the microsd card in, so are you saying try and put the recovery on usb and see if that works?

- - - Updated - - -

ok just put recovery on usb and tries all 3 ports,still nothing

i just was rebooting into recovery to see what optipns was enabled , i only took out my micro sd card in left in two usb 1x16gig wi allsorts on it in back cant mind if top or bottom and a 8gig with wetek FW on it in the right side , it went threw a update process but it failed i took out USb n rebooted WeTek n it was factory reset all data was gone but defo 100% micro sd was out as i runn elec on it :)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• unless yah know anyone with serial on a pc yah cpuld hijack for a hour ;)

or this is 1.99 works win7 in right male to usb yah need ;)

Code
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-2-0-to-Male-RS232-Serial-DB9-9-Pin-Adapter-Cable-PC-/150997907520

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• thanks but i use that all the time before i use a sd card ,its what iv been doing

- - - Updated - - -

well been onto wetek and the said get the cable so i can flash a new uboot, so its wait awail now or try and get the old pc working

use a live CD on old pv may help yah :)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• post results please as im very interested in this and what results are found :)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• try this paul as last resort worked for me:, * Power off your device and unplug the AC power cord.
    * Download the recovery zip (below you will find the up to date version).
    * Unzip the downloaded zip (you can delete the META-INF folder).
    * Copy the downloaded zip and the freshly unzipped recovery.img to a MicroSD card.
    * Now insert the MicroSD card in your STB.
    * Plug the AC power cord while you keep pressed the little reset pinhole (located on the bottom of the device) for 10 seconds (just count slowly to ten and it will be good).
    * The device should have booted to CWM recovery.

- - - Updated - - -

or this from christian troy, http://wetekforums.com/vb5/for…-howto-unbrick-wetek-play

• also go here http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=83352&p=271532#post271532

and dale posted a link think post 14 i had same problem but had not ran the tool as admin , i redid with admin rights and back in play

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!