Absolute Beginner

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 392 times. The last Post () by B@ndit.

• Hi lads,
    I am (as title suggests) an absolute beginner.
    I bought (maybe a bit prematurely) an Omnikey 3121 card reader

I am waiting to get a Technomate receiver... that purchase is a few weeks away yet due to funds...

I do have a Ferguson Ariva 252 unit at the moment.

I have a laptop which I can use for Linux, it currently runs Windows.

I have searched the firums in the hope of finding a complete idiots guide to cardsharing BUT I was overwhelmed with all the jargon.

Is there a really easy to understand guide to sharing my card around the house?

Can I do it with Windows or do I need to run Linux on the laptop?
    I did set up a Linux server a year ago despite not really knowing what I was doing, and my wife runs Ubuntu on her old laptop and loves it, as when she was running windows it kept freeaing and was always problemartic, so do I neet to run Ubunto or Ubuntu server?

Again a real idiots guide would really help.

Sorry if this seems lazy but I did search this forum but was getting confused, I even looked up youtube to see if I could find a step by step video to no avail.

Any helpful leads you can throw at me will be appreciated.

Steven

PS I am currently reading this thread http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=69289

Edited once, last by B@ndit: found new info ().

• That's a really great tutorial, just going through some of the posts, some of my questions answered,,, like can it be done on a 32 bit machine, seems it can so Im in luck.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!