Need some assurance

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 349 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Good morning,
    Having just recently been introduced to the latest range of Linux receivers (mine is Vu+ Zero with BH 2.1.5 image), I am (very slowly) trying to understand the subject and wanting to explore the potential that these units are capable of.
    I read a lot about CCcam and sharing and am making efforts to be able to perhaps view some European channels on 13e/19e.
    After many hours trying to figure out how to get started with CCcam, I eventually got it installed into the box and set as default cam. The CCcam.cfg file has been created (image attached), I'm aware that additional lines need to be added but I haven't reached that part of the learning curve yet.
    The attached image shows the .cfg file with my comments to which I would welcome your comments. I would feel more assured if you experts out there can advise/confirm the contents are correct or need editing. I particularly would like comments regarding the password as I use a blank password to access the STB.
    Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

• Official Post

First thing you should do is secure the zero with a password.. When you start opening ports in the router you will leave the receiver wide open to intruders..

Open dreambox control center > Click the Telnet tab > Type passwd > Press enter then follow on screen instructions..

SERVER LISTEN PORT is the CCcam sharing port, this must be changed away from the default port if you are sharing / using CCcam as a server. If you are only using CCcam as a peer / client then leave it alone.

WEBINFO user, password & port can be left alone. But if you open the webinfo port in the router, make sure you are not using the default details..
    CCcam webinfo can be accessed in a browser window: http://192.168.1.1:16001 (change 192.168.1.1 to the zero`s ip address)

Nothing else in the CCcam.cfg needs edited..

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!