Openelec 6.0 beta avaliable

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,952 times. The last Post () by signman.

• [Beta] OpenELEC 6.0 Beta 1 released

Published: Thursday, May 07 2015 01:00

The OpenELEC team is proud to announce its 1st Beta of OpenELEC 6.0.
    Internally this will be known by the less-catchy name OpenELEC 5.95.1.

The OpenELEC 5.95 release series are test releases (beta) for OpenELEC-6.0.
    OpenELEC-6.0 will be the next stable release, which is a feature release and the successor of OpenELEC-5.0.

The most visible change is the update from Kodi-14.2 Helix to Kodi-15.0 Isengard (beta 1). Beginning with Kodi-15 most audio encoder, audio decoder, PVR and visualisation addons are no longer included in our base OS, but they are available via Kodi's addon manager and must be installed from there, if needed. Our own PVR backends such as VDR and TVHeadend will install needed dependencies automatically. Other than that, please refer to http://kodi.tv/kodi-15-0-isengard-beta-1/ to see all the changes in Kodi-15.

Our OS is updated to latest ffmpeg (2.6), Mesa (10.5), Kernel 4.0 (except iMX6 / WeTek_Play platform), systemd (219), Binutils (2.25), Glibc (2.21), libressl (2.1.6) and LLVM-3.6. Also we updated the whole OS with recent releases of all packages and we added support for Xorg's new input driver system based on libinput and updated many Xorg libs and GPU drivers to more modern releases.

We now officially support WeTek'sWeTek Play devices with a build that can be installed to the internal NAND or as a dual boot system together with WeTek's Android version on SDCard. Our iMX6 build supports now all Solidrun CuBox-i/TV devices, Solidrun Hummingboard and OSMC's Vero (but we recommend that you use at least Solidrun CuBox-i2eX / Hummingboard-i2eX or better).

Because we are now using NVidia's latest stable GPU drivers, older ION-based systems are no longer supported via our Generic build. To continue support of older NVidia-based hardware, we introduced a new build called "NVidia_Legacy" which must be used on such hardware. Be aware NVidia will drop support for this device in the next few years.

YOU ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO MAKE A FULL BACKUP before performing a manual update and perform a “Reset System Settings to defaults (Soft Reset)” after the update if you update directly from OpenELEC-5.0 or earlier.

Please note that many addons and skins remain to be ported by their developers. This is out of our control and until this happens, they will either not work or be marked as broken by Kodi. If an addon or skin is essential to you, please confirm with its developer prior to upgrade if it is compatible with Kodi (Isengard).

regards: canthackit

• I can confirm this works a great. Its a lot better than 5.0.8 which for me was very buggy. This is great news that Openelec are supporting wetek. As we all know its all about support.

Regards
    Coley

• posted last week m8 its the same as officail openelec post mentiond before ;)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• i posted about the update.

and i'm the one that can't install it lol.

i've tried so many different distro's i cant boot into openelec, keeps going in to andriod.

i've tried the one for this > ARMv7 Builds - RPi2 ARMv7 quad core models (Model B 1024MB) [Beta] openELEC 5.95.1 (arm) Diskimage

and this >WeTek Play Builds >[Beta] OpenELEC 5.95.1 (arm) Update and SD Card Install

i've formatted two 8 Gb MicroSD cards with HP format tool and transfered the file(s) with Win32Diskmanager

i don't believe the bloody problems i'm have with one thing and another, i installed 5.0.8 no probs.

so c'mon guy's what am i doing wrong this time:06:

• no problem here you go
    1 There are 2 verisions of openelec

Version 1: [Beta] OpenELEC 5.95.1 (arm) Update and SD-Card install. This lets you run openelec of a microsd card and keep android in the main memory

Version 2: [Beta] OpenELEC 5.95.1 (arm) NAND Install. This installs openelec into the main memory and wipes out android. (you can revert back to anddroid if you wish)

2 Download the nand version from openelec website
    3 Extract the files within the downlownd
    aml_autoscript
    factory_update_param.aml
    OpenELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-5.95.1-update.zip
    recovery.img

4 copy the 4 above files to a microsd card
    5 insert the sd card in the wetek
    6 hold down reset button and plug the pwoer cord in keeping the the reset button held down for 10 seconds
    7 just wait and the wetek will boot into kodi

• thanks mate
    but that tut is for installing to the nand.

thing is i want Option 1, i want to keep dual boot, and no matter what i've tried i just cannot get the box to boot into openelec from the SD card i've tried all manner of images.

nothing will boot into linux (openelec) from the SD card.

i just wonder if the naming has anything to do with it , i noticed that the 5.0.8 file has Amlogic in the title and installs fine, all these 5.95.1 do not , and i have no problem at all installing 5.0.8, i havn't tried renaming the file as i don't think that just a simple rename will be suffice.

what do you think?

one last thing it seems that nobody is experiencing any of the problems i'm having, no one else anywhere has posted about any problems with the installtion, i just don'r understand.

• It could be something to do with uboot which is bit like a bios on a pc. Are you running the latest version of android. You might need a developer version of android on it first to install the latest uboot. have u tried 5.0.8 on openelec from a card does that run. Have you tried a different card.

Did you use sdmaker to make a bootable microsd card

• use the openelec installer yah will find it on here in apps im sure ;)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• use the openelec installer yah will find it on here in apps im sure ;)

just installed and run the openelec installer it will only install 5.0.8, is my luck poxed or what?

- - - Updated - - -

It could be something to do with uboot which is bit like a bios on a pc. Are you running the latest version of android. You might need a developer version of android on it first to install the latest uboot. have u tried 5.0.8 on openelec from a card does that run. Have you tried a different card.

Did you use sdmaker to make a bootable microsd card

yes did the andriod update a week ago 1.1.4 i think

i used the HP format tool to format the disk also windows format tool, and win32diskmanager to write the files.

yes tried openlelec on 2 different MicroSD cards 5.0.8 install from both of them.

but any of the 5.95.1 no matter what version i try will not boot from any of the SD disk, i've even tried a usb stick.

• It's because the openelec installer will only use the last stable version.... All the newer ones are beta versions.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk Pro

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• It's because the openelec installer will only use the last stable version.... All the newer ones are beta versions.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk Pro

yeah that's what i thought as well, but i try anything to get this problem sorted.

i need to ask this as i think cloey65 has installed 5.95.1 on the flash, has anybody actually got it installed on the SD disk in a dual boot system?

if so what image did you use the wetek play version? or the arm version?

i need to know that i've got alll the correct stuff before i start again.

thanks all so far

• yesterday I installed open elec through Wetekopenelec installer version 5.0.8, then copy (OpenELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-5.95.1.tar) through samba to the update folder in the sdcard reboot and all is ok.. my sdcard is a class 10 sanndisk 32mb.... salu2

• yes mate got that 1.1.4

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

It will definitely be the WeTek Play version that you need to use mate

within this mate any idea as to what file do i put on the SD card? is it the full tar? or the folder that's inside? or the 3 files and 3 folders that are inside this?

i would've hoped that there was a Tut somewhere as to the correct procedure to install 6.0 to the SD card for openelec, i don't want it on the flash, i want to keep the wetek dual boot.

• to update an old openelec on sd card with new version

download correct linux tar file from openelec web site

copy this to sd cards update folder while still in wetek using ftp

Then reboot.. this will update version on restart keeping old settings

• not from 5.0.8 to beta6(5.9.1) yah dontas all settings have to be redone as magor changes in system

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• master G

Added the Label WeTek OpenELEC

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!